• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

phone charging

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
Looking for ways to add a phone charging port into my handlebar bag without causing any electrical issues. I know in the past there is a right and wrong way to do it. Any companies you can recommend? I'm tired of my cold phone dying on long rides. I have a matryx slash boost 165 on its way.

TGZ

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2011
Uniontown WA
Looking for ways to add a phone charging port into my handlebar bag without causing any electrical issues. I know in the past there is a right and wrong way to do it. Any companies you can recommend? I'm tired of my cold phone dying on long rides. I have a matryx slash boost 165 on its way.
In the new dash storage on the Matryx there is a usb you can charge your phone on if you got the 7S display and may be a little warmer in that compartment
If you wanted to route one from that port you could buy a Y USB adapter or a just a cord to run down from behind the dash and up the bars to your bag
Standard guage might not have that usb plug though

R
Sep 30, 2021
Washington
You do know there is a usb port you can plug in to the back of the 7s display and keep your phone in the glovebox if you want right? It might be nice to have another one in a handlebar bag though for easier access.

TGZ

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2011
Uniontown WA

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Get one of these and put it in a pouch or a sock and put it in the bag with your phone.
It will keep your phone warm and it won't die from the cold.

I wouldn't put it directly in contact with your phone as mine gets hot enough that on low you can barely hold it barehanded.

BigBlue Rechargeable Hand Warmer... Amazon product ASIN B07G8679SX
Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

K
Apr 12, 2018
Worry more about riding than taking hero pics and vids to post on social media.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Worry more about riding than taking hero pics and vids to post on social media.
Perhaps he was wanting to know this because he uses his phone for a GPS . . or just prefers to keep it fully charged . . ?
I can see where being able to plug in a phone for charging would be nice on long / cold rides, or in emergency situations.

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
Ken 65 I don't have any social media. you should stop assuming. Phones are good to be able to call when **** happens. Cant make an emergency phone call if the phone is dead. and yes phones are good for GPS too

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
did they finally wire up a charge port from the factory for youguys along with them innovative new drivers? ?

D
I found a product called "adrenalink" on Amazon Canada that allows me to keep my phone topped.

I ride a 2-stroke, blue smoke with no electric start and its an AC electrical system
so its the perfect add-on.

Works great.

Premium Features