• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer powder performance

H
Dec 12, 2009
Okay...I'm back into snowmobiling after a 6 year hiatus.

My last ride was a 2003 800 RMK, with a couple add-ons it was a fun and capable ride.

The new sled that I'm looking into buying is a 2009 Phazer MTX, a local dealer is blowing out the left overs and I'm not sure I can pass up the deal. I know the sled stock is way down on horse power, well as it also happens I found a great deal on a new MPI supercharger.

Horsepower wise I think I will be happy with it, but with the shorter narrower track is it going to be a turd in the powder? I've really been impressed with the 600 RMK 144", but i'm not really a fan of the polaris itself.

With a capable rider and the extra horsepower is this going to be a fun ride for someone looking for a boondocking sled?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
if you get the supercharger to work well, and if you throw in someting like a 153 cut down 14.5 wide you can keep up with any 8 and the old 900s since you hardly lose power at elevation, but even though your getting a great deal add up all the costs for sled, super charger and associated costs with supercharging a sled. I bet that total won;t make it a steal of a deal compared to a new stock mtn sled that will work just as well and no hassles such as running race fuel, etc.

i'd personally still take the supercharged phazer cause stock sucks anyways.:D

M
Mar 22, 2009
Fairbanks, AK
Hyper - save yourself the work (unless it's calling your name :D)and buy a Nytro. Look for a used one around your area, as I saw 2 with 80 miles on them for $6500 each up here in Alaska. I know you can find one for somewhere around that in the states...

I love mine, and I came off of a 2000 Mountain max mod. Sled feels just as quick, and after adding a 19 tooth top gear, will pick the skis up with a 153".

I really like the reliability. Turn the key and go. Hope that helps!

JD

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
if you get the supercharger to work well, and if you throw in someting like a 153 cut down 14.5 wide you can keep up with any 8 and the old 900s since you hardly lose power at elevation, but even though your getting a great deal add up all the costs for sled, super charger and associated costs with supercharging a sled. I bet that total won;t make it a steal of a deal compared to a new stock mtn sled that will work just as well and no hassles such as running race fuel, etc.

i'd personally still take the supercharged phazer cause stock sucks anyways.:D

but if he went with an '08 '09 nytro or even a new '10 se nytro he'll still have to put on a relocater (unless you like banging your knees on the bars) and maybe even a new track.
if i was you i'd go with the phazer and put a 151x14.5 and maybe later down the road put on some simmons 2s on it

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
You will 100% hate the phazer in deep snow. Your RMK will run circles around it even if it had a sc/turbo. Dont waste your money because you will end up with a ton of cash into something you cant sell.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Com on now --- I know for a fact that a turbo ar supercharged Phazer can realy kick 800 *** ------- :rolleyes:

However they will not stand up -- the engines can not handle the power:face-icon-small-fro

So save youselve the blow up and get a Nytro or Apex.

Premium Features