• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer Lower Control Arm / Ball Joint Wear

N
Jan 30, 2009
Good afternoon guys. I started to do some work on my sled to get it ready for winter and already ran across a problem.

The lower control arms (both sides) seem to be worn or the ball joints are worn because the lower control arm is actually wearing into the steering knuckle.

Has anyone seen this?? Also, do you think new ball joints would fix it or are the control arms shot?

I havent even ridden the sled yet. I picked it up this summer. Its a 2007 Yamaha Phazer MTX with only 1,000 miles.

I attached a picture too. Any help is appreciated!

IMG00455-20110823-1655.jpg

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Good afternoon guys. I started to do some work on my sled to get it ready for winter and already ran across a problem.

The lower control arms (both sides) seem to be worn or the ball joints are worn because the lower control arm is actually wearing into the steering knuckle.

Has anyone seen this?? Also, do you think new ball joints would fix it or are the control arms shot?

I havent even ridden the sled yet. I picked it up this summer. Its a 2007 Yamaha Phazer MTX with only 1,000 miles.

I attached a picture too. Any help is appreciated!

I would say that maybe SOME of the structural integrity of the spindle has been compromised but I think you could get away with just replacing the ball joint. Pull the ball joint and see if anything else is messed up and then go from there. But I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have to replace your spindle.
-Justin

kozmo

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
IOWA
yamaha had a recall on the ball joint, they came out with a new style you should be able to put new ones in and and be good. I have replaced some with only 400 miles

Last edited:
Premium Features