• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Overheat Issues - 2022 Expert Turbo Short Tunnel

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dave, is Ski Doo aware that bungee's and straps are necessary for there flap to work properly? Are they fine tuning it for the Gen5 ? Thanks!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Dave, is Ski Doo aware that bungee's and straps are necessary for there flap to work properly? Are they fine tuning it for the Gen5 ? Thanks!

Dude, they finally put LEDs in their sleds and NOW you get greedy and want a snow flap that's been out a few years to work right?

Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame...

C
Mar 15, 2018
Dude, they finally put LEDs in their sleds and NOW you get greedy and want a snow flap that's been out a few years to work right?

Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame...
I dunno. it took Polaris until , what, 2021 to include a tether???. Now, granted, if a sled was going to run away without a tether it is WAY more likely to be a skud than a Poo but still. They ALL do things that makes one scratch one's head and go "SERIOUSLY??". LED's?....MEH. Tether?, DUH!. Just sayin'

J
Nov 20, 2021
Revelstoke
I must have gotten lucky. My snowflap hasn’t gotten stuck once and Ive done a lot of big whoops. I’ve made sure not to reverse down my ramp with it on though

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i'm just one data point but instead of the two straps on the flap and getting that set up all sorted, just push the rubber arms that attach to the bumper together as close as possible. as this is done you can see the snow flap pull away from the track. take one short bungee and wrap it around the arms to keep them squeezed together.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
This is what I was talking about, looks way better than than a "bunny cord" or tie down strap + works great, pulls the entire flap out evenly not one side.

1647270870129.png

A
Dec 3, 2012
You need a snow flap and add a set of over the top rail mounted ice scratchers .The stock only scratchers don’t doo it.Norona claims never an issue just like he claims snowflap doesn’t get caught in the track sometimes.Check the post I have replied to in the past and all the people that have the same issue .You need s snow flap when it is hard and better scratchers.I have this setup on four sleds and it takes care of the issue.If you think the vacuum from the track doesn’t suck thee we flap in ,then why do you see a bunch of crazy contraptions to keep them out off the track on different peoples sleds
only way I could keep flap from track is to attach a bungy cord as tight as i can get it to bumper and top hole in flap

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The last vehicle you bought did you use a buggy cord to keep the door shut ? Yee ha
Waaaaaahhhhhh. March on down to the dealer and you let them know how disappointed you are.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Could be worse. The Poo Slash's run hot and no crappy accessory snow flap for them yet.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Why March on down to the dealer,what we need is a mental evaluation for buying the snowflap to start with.Marching makes more sense than driving,and much more affordable.Keep on Buying the newest model with the newest problems,that is what I like

R
Jan 9, 2011
cool.jpgcool1.jpgcool3.jpgcool4.jpg My solution to the overheating problem, Canadian tire pelican box, mount some linq mounts, fill with snow, lasts about 10-15kms with double scratchers down, ditch in trees at end of trail, remount tunnel bag on tunnel, go play and have fun. Doubles as massive snowmobeering springtime cooler for friends! Boom, fixed and no flap!

Premium Features