• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Overheat Issues - 2022 Expert Turbo Short Tunnel

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
View attachment 386515View attachment 386516View attachment 386517View attachment 386518 My solution to the overheating problem, Canadian tire pelican box, mount some linq mounts, fill with snow, lasts about 10-15kms with double scratchers down, ditch in trees at end of trail, remount tunnel bag on tunnel, go play and have fun. Doubles as massive snowmobeering springtime cooler for friends! Boom, fixed and no flap!
At least the 2023 Lynx's ditched that stock snow deflector they've been using and can use the detachable snow flap.

R
Jan 9, 2011
snow1.jpgsnow2.jpg
Pic loaded and ready for today's ride. Wicked march snow in Whistler today. Maybe best since December storms. Pelican maybe slightly more elegant than onion bag. Maybe not as effective, but close! Been running all season. Overheat is thing of past. Goofy Lynx flap did not see a km.

D
Jan 6, 2011
Kmod makes a set of scratchers with a tip that you can adjust to direct the flow of the snow, works great. My 165 turbo last year wouldn’t make it five miles on the trail without heating up. Last week in McCall my sled never got above 130 on the temp gauge and a 165 boost had to stop multiple times to cool off, I even gave my son the removable snow flap back because his 154 edge with 2.5 track was getting up in the temps

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Kmod makes a set of scratchers with a tip that you can adjust to direct the flow of the snow, works great. My 165 turbo last year wouldn’t make it five miles on the trail without heating up. Last week in McCall my sled never got above 130 on the temp gauge and a 165 boost had to stop multiple times to cool off, I even gave my son the removable snow flap back because his 154 edge with 2.5 track was getting up in the temps

I found the Kmod ice scratcher tips you can add to your existing ice scratchers, but no Kmod ice scratchers. Is that what you are talking about - the accessory tip you can buy?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Lakewood, CO
View attachment 386515View attachment 386516View attachment 386517View attachment 386518 My solution to the overheating problem, Canadian tire pelican box, mount some linq mounts, fill with snow, lasts about 10-15kms with double scratchers down, ditch in trees at end of trail, remount tunnel bag on tunnel, go play and have fun. Doubles as massive snowmobeering springtime cooler for friends! Boom, fixed and no flap!
Did you ever try just the double scratchers and the Lynx flap (or thingamabob)? I have the same sled and need to do something...

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
View attachment 386555View attachment 386556
Pic loaded and ready for today's ride. Wicked march snow in Whistler today. Maybe best since December storms. Pelican maybe slightly more elegant than onion bag. Maybe not as effective, but close! Been running all season. Overheat is thing of past. Goofy Lynx flap did not see a km.
Did you add another set of scratchers on the back of the rails? At least it look's like it. Are they worth putting on? Do they help at all?

Premium Features