• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil mishap

G
Jan 10, 2020
I left my new jug of Polaris fully synthetic 2 stroke oil out in the rain with a funnel in it. I am not sure how much rainwater got in it but I need some help removing what water got into it. What is the best way to remove the water? Thanks

D
Nov 23, 2020
I left my new jug of Polaris fully synthetic 2 stroke oil out in the rain with a funnel in it. I am not sure how much rainwater got in it but I need some help removing what water got into it. What is the best way to remove the water? Thanks

If I were you I’d toss it. Water and oil don’t mix and the potential consequences seem pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Water should settle to the bottom, but... I have to agree with the other posters, it would be an expensive experiment to think that would all stay separated, I would start over and write it off to an OOPS.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
you're probably ok using it the water will migrate to the bottom ,be carefull note to shake it and mix in the oil and water ,you can poor it into another container and see how much water is on the bottom of the original jug

G
Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for all of your replies and ideas. I think first I will pour the oil in a large glass container, to try and see what I am dealing with.

Premium Features