• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro track change

L

lucky13

Nov 26, 2007
northern utah
should have posted last night, im about to put on the new track, this is my first yamaha anything i need to watch for or any tricks to make it go easy, 8 am now starting at 9 thanks for any help

K
Dec 2, 2007
Drumheller, Alberta
Nothing much different then a cat other than the chaincase. The bottom bearing is fitting in side the inner chaincase housing. Slowly pry both sides of the cover off. Watch your reversr shifting fork and have fun. On the Nytro the plastic guide on the front of the spring for the rear skid just turns forward out of the way without any tools.

I may not be much help I have only had one apart, but it wasn't that bad.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
On the rear skid, if you wrap a ratchet strap around the front and rear arms and tighten it and then remove the skid, you can remove it and install it without touching the springs or even the track tension. Works amazingly well and is fast.

L

lucky13

Nov 26, 2007
northern utah
got it done, challenger extreem will be on the mountain on wed. i just took my time, i also got a bonus, i had a skid from a 2003 mxz laying around, and both shocks fit, now i have gas shocks in the rear, i could tell as soon as it hit the ground they are better then the stock ones. talk about instant upgrade and slight weight loss

Premium Features