• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro MTX supercharged

S
Hi all. I've kinda decided a want a four-stroke for reliability. I recently found an 09 Yamaha Nytro mtx 162 with a Mpi stage 2 supercharger
upgraded to an inner cooler, larger fuel pump, extra large heat exchangers, and the pulleys for the bigger boost. Making it have about 220hp as opposed to 180.( installed by owner)

it has 4000 miles and 2000 on the SC. The guy said no major problems just some cosmetic issues.
It has a camoplast extreme 2.5 track (not the original)
He's asking $4k but said he would do $3.6k for it.
Would this be a reliable sled?
Any input would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

Here are some pics of it.

The last two are the cosmetic damage. 1: he says the plastic melted from letting it sit and idle too long while it was stuck, 2: bumper got tweaked from wheelies.Screenshot_20230125-140443_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230125-140448_Chrome.jpgreceived_2559409420885102.jpegreceived_577755840912183.jpeg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK thank you. Was it reliable? That's what I would really like to know. Also does this specific one seem like an OK deal?
OH HELL YES IT WAS RELIABLE
Its a freaking YAMAHA
They last forever!

The only reason I sold my Yamahas is that I was getting into my mid 50s and just didn't have the strength left at the end of the day to toss them around. Yammis are HEAVY and they WILL wear you out of the course of a day of mountain riding. And when they get stuck, well, its take a weee little bit more effort to extract a Trenched Yammi than it does a Gen4 Doo.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thankyou. I knew yammis are reliable I was asking more about the supercharger.
So I can only speak for MINE.
In my case I had VERY LITTLE troubles with the unit and thought it was VASTLY BETTER than any turbo on the market.
Had two Turbo Yammis and one Supercharged.
Would take the super charged Nytro every day over the others.
I am pretty sure I documented the issues I had with the supercharger in some of my older posts.
Again, just spend some time searching through them for a TON of information from "back in the day" a decade ago.

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Premium Features