• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NyPro project

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Also Remember I have done this before(1st Yamadoo). There is alot more involved after mounting the engine. Trust me.

I totally agree there is more to do, but engine placement and clutch alignment are way more important then were I will put the oil tank and run coolant lines..
Exhaust is used for trafficking and back pressure acoustics. Take dirt track racing for example, 800hp sprint cars run short stingers for exhaust no muffler and they run spot on! As long as you don't expose valves to cold air and maintain temps you will run fine..

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
As for cold air in exhaust, their is a slight negative pressure were it will suck some cold air back but that is were the heat tape comes in and a 90deg bend in pipes.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I totally agree there is more to do, but engine placement and clutch alignment are way more important then were I will put the oil tank and run coolant lines..
Exhaust is used for trafficking and back pressure acoustics. Take dirt track racing for example, 800hp sprint cars run short stingers for exhaust no muffler and they run spot on! As long as you don't expose valves to cold air and maintain temps you will run fine..

800 Hp Sprint cars also are running on alcohol run huge cams and short open exhaust but it is still a header with a collector that is where the power is made. Header matched to cams and fuel used. If they took the collector off the header they would make significantly less hp.

Again this is just my opinion. If I was you I would build a header.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
800 Hp Sprint cars also are running on alcohol run huge cams and short open exhaust but it is still a header with a collector that is where the power is made. Header matched to cams and fuel used. If they took the collector off the header they would make significantly less hp.

Again this is just my opinion. If I was you I would build a header.

You are very correct, I guess all there is to do is wait and see.. I'm just saying that what we will be using will run as good as any, trust me.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
So, why don't you just build the exhaust like an 2stroke sled?

The Genesis motor from yamaha is designed with rear exit exhaust, and they require a different style of exhaust tuning then 2 stroke, but I wish it were that easy because there is soooo much room in the front end of this thing now!

She is coming home today for me to put the finishing touches on this thing!!! Should be able to post some detailed pics and give a quick description of what needs wrapped up and things I will be finalizing my self...

S

Sabaton

May 23, 2013
but the exhaust on the viper is routed that way. And that is the same engine, right?

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Sorry didn't get any of internals but here is graphics installed, and what appears to be a sled again instead of just a pile of parts

image.jpg

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Got coolant hoses ran, and electrical about wrapped up just need to start ziptieing everything in place. Have to extend battery cables since I will be relocating battery to new location.

image.jpg

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Cluster mounted, and installed coolant bottle just need to rig a little bracket to hold it in place.

image.jpg

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
The Nypro is alive! Fired it up tonight, runs and sounds excellent.. Couple touch ups with wiring routes, and wrap my seat, this project can be stamped complete! Ill post pics this weekend and try to get a sound bit up.
Also installed my vanamburg front bumper on, and installed full length tunnel brace and rear bumper on tonight.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Way cool man, congrats!

But are you sure you want to run those glued a-arms with the added weight up front...?

RS

Premium Features