• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NOTICE TO ALL WHO WANT TO RIDE STAMPEDE

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Hey just a quick note on the facts and problems going on right now at Crystal springs snopark and the 54 road. Our funding runs out on March 31rst, thats the way it has always been. Therefore the snopark is officially close, it has nothing to do with the old lady in Olympia, It has everything to do with our snowmobile registrations funding. We cant ***** and complain, these are just the facts. So I just got a call from some local home owners up there who live on the 54 road and the lost lake roadl. Although the roads are now officially open to wheeled vehicles and closed to snowmobiiles, We all know we will extend the season with our sleds as long as we can. You will have to park on the main 54 road or in the power line area. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN ANYONES DRIVE WAY. I guess there have been a few confrontations up there with some not so nice snowmobilers. Be respectful of other peoples property. All that area other than the main roads and the snopark are privately owned. They are not asking people to stay away, and They dont mind you parking up in that area just leave them some room to get in and out with any trouble. Also please know there are no bathrooms this time of year so dont pee in their front yards!! Just giving you all some info, hope we can police ourselfs before they shut it totaly down to the snowmobilers. There is a lot of new snow up there and it's probably as good or better than its been all year. Beware of avalanches also, I had a good friend who got buried up there last saturday, he's very lucky to be alive. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Has there ever been any thought given to keep the snow park available just for parking (no plowing or bathrooms) later in the season, especially since there is typically still riding from this area later than March 31st?
It wouldn't cost anything to keep open and would ease parking on the road.
Curious why they block it off at all??? It's just a dirt lot. ???
Thanks!

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Thanks so much for the helpful update...I have been trying to convince my spouse that it will be ok for us to ride up at Stampede this weekend.

Shes been totally paranoid about the sno park being closed and us doing something illegal.

Perhaps letting her read your post will put her mind at ease and let us both get some quality late season riding in!! :face-icon-small-coo

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
I DID CALL LAKE EASTON STATE PARKS TODAY

I tried many times and finally got thru to Lake Easton State Park, They are the managing department for Crystal Springs, Tim was not in but I did speak to one of his guys, they closed it last week and really was not sure why.? I asked about re-opening it but he said they discussed it and decided no. Not sure why but I will call State Parks in Olympia and find out. You are correct, it's just a big dirt lot, what would it harm to leave it open for a few weeks?? I'll find out one way or another.

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
thanks for the post

I dont ride there but we are all faced with the same perdicament! Why dont they open or plow the lands accordingly. i for one, and i know you dont want to hear this .... our funds are not used or administered wisely. i ride helens and will not be buying licenses next year or until they figure out a better program. i said this last year but after this year i mean it. the forest circus sucks and so does creagan i can speak badly of no other area BECAUSE THAY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN NICE. ESPECIALLY RIMROCK AREA.
I LIVE 66 MILES FROM SOME OF THE BEST RIDING AND HAVE THE WORST ROAD MAINT. AND THE SAD THING IS THE FOREST CIRCUS DOESN'T CARE AND OR HAVE A CLUE OF THE MAINT. PRACTICES. MARBLE HAS 3 FT. IN THE PARKING LOT AND THEY HAVE THE ROAD BLOCKED OFF AT THE 90 ROAD NO MORE ROAD MAINT. AND THEY DID NOTHING THIS YEAR!

Last edited:

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
st helens info

Your local club , St Helens Trac Riders is responsible for cordinating with the groomers and the snow plow people in that area, I dont thnk you can blame the forest service for all the probelms, The local club and grooming concil is supposed to monitor the situation down there, especially after last year's mess, I know they were short on snow most of the season so they should have had it easy on plowing and grooming, check with the club and see what they have to say?

Premium Features