• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Backlight on 7s Display

T
Oct 16, 2019
Hey Guys,

So at 300 miles the 7S display on my Boost lost the backlight. It is now very very dark and adjusting the brightness does nothing. Anyone else had something like this and is there any reset or repair short of warranty claim with Polaris which my dealer thinks will takes months to get a replacement. Thanks!

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Hey Guys,

So at 300 miles the 7S display on my Boost lost the backlight. It is now very very dark and adjusting the brightness does nothing. Anyone else had something like this and is there any reset or repair short of warranty claim with Polaris which my dealer thinks will takes months to get a replacement. Thanks!

Check which display mode your in, take the check mark out of auto if there is one there and also make sure the system displays the correct time.
Probably watch the whole thing.

If still no go try updating the firmware. Download it to a flash drive. https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/self-help/article/KA-02571/

Not sure how to reset but if you have a battery on it you may want to disconnect for a good hour to discharge any capacitors etc before connecting it again.

If none of that helps your probably going to want to file a claim.

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Mine still has back light but goes dim after 1 min. If I touch the screen it will light back up for another min then go dim again. Started doing that after about 150mi. Only have 300mi on it now. Plus the voltage reads 1 volt incorrectly. It will say my voltage is 12.2 on the 7s but if I put a volt meter on my actual battery it reads 13.4. Something weird going on with my 7s. Dealer ordered me a new one over a month ago. Just waiting.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
We have 2 in our group now that wont brighten up no matter what we do in the settings. Started after roughly 250 miles.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Interesting mine will still get bight when I touch the screen but only stay that way for a minute. sounds like it's probably gonna go out completely.
Whole situation seems interesting. Almost sounds like a power save mode not waking up correctly. Seems like removing power/battery and reinstalling would be one way to tell but I would assume the battery is all internal? If you were able to pull that then what? resets all your stored data?

Premium Features