• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Type Scratcher

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I got my set this week to replace a standard spring style scratcher. The new one uses a smaller metric bolt versus the 3/8" that it is replacing.

Any suggestions on bushing up the hole in the rail if it needs it? I am tempted to use the mount for the previous scratcher but it has some decent grooves worn in it from the springs. I may turn it 180° and use the 3/8" bolt so that it doesn't flop around in the hole and possibly come loose.

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Ok, maybe having the supplied bracket is freezing up my capacity to see how these are supposed to mount without having interference with other components. I tried to utilized the holes that were already in the rails which fit fine, then using the supplied bracket, I mounted it in both the upper and lower bogey mount holes to see if I could do away with drilling more holes. Given the mid rib in the rail I don't have a lot of options for variation in height to put a hole mid-way. The lower hole looks like it will allow the drive lug on the track to rub on the flapper and the upper hole puts the flapper right in line with the spring when it comes through the travel cycle.

I'm thinking I might have to build a rest somewhere in between so that I clear both the track nubs and the spring at full compression. I wasn't too excited with how they looked when just resting the flapper over the rail like the old style did.

Is anyone having any better luck on something similar to my '10 RMK 155"?

Last edited:
Premium Features