• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

** new ** torque master iii 800 bottom-end

R
Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Dan, what about the new 900 poo clutch, its a 32mm. I just installed one with the updated poo crank in an 05 900. pn 1322520-SP

Would a 32 mm pto offer enough strength improvement?? and still keep it all OEM??

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Justin, Did Rob slap you yet ????

Here's a couple a pictures of the Complete New 800 33MM PTO-ENDS

I thought you two Clowns mightr want to see them.

Dan,... your the Liberace of crank shafts, that is beautiful....

I havent seen the other clown for quit some time. Which has lead to a very interesting prototype sled in my shop. Its a one of a kind... I dont know if I should even put this on the net but its a turbo sled that is naturally aspirated.... :rolleyes: You just wait this is the hottest thing since dial a jets!

You should throw your sled in the back of your truck and load up with us. We are suppose to be headin west a couple times in the next couple weeks.... Come along and join the circus!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Dan, I'll call you Monday, pulled another 800 out on the rope today with a broken crank. That's the last 800 I know of in my area of people riding 800s still to break a crank.

Oh, except for one I serviced last week... A complete annomaly. '04 800 RMK with 8269 miles on it. Yes, you read that right. And never a single bit of maintenance to it. He brought it to me because the drive clutch wouldn't disengage. It was JUNK. I've never seen a clutch this bad. The weights had worn so bad that they were cocked sideways enough to eat clear through the spider by the rollers.

The TEAM secondary had frozen rollers so they had been eaten up pretty bad.

8269 miles and still on the original crank. Amazing.

sled_guy

T

TWISTER

Jul 7, 2002
Colton South Dakota
I havent seen the other clown for quit some time. Which has lead to a very interesting prototype sled in my shop. Its a one of a kind... I dont know if I should even put this on the net but its a turbo sled that is naturally aspirated.... :rolleyes: You just wait this is the hottest thing since dial a jets!

Damn it Justin i told you to keep this hush hush. well the cats out of the bag now we are figuring why do you need a crossover tube and airbox when you can just pressurize the entire engine bay. You should see how much calk it took to seal that baby up. haha

The other day when i stopped by and peeked through the window it looked like it had plenty of power for you when you were garage racing it and making engine noises. hell he even had it on the sled lift in a way that simulated climbing up the mountain. Funniest part is when he fell of trying to sidehill.:D

You should throw your sled in the back of your truck and load up with us. We are suppose to be headin west a couple times in the next couple weeks.... Come along and join the circus!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

yea I know your not that busy;)

SIGNED BOZO #1

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
The other day when i stopped by and peeked through the window it looked like it had plenty of power for you when you were garage racing it and making engine noises. hell he even had it on the sled lift in a way that simulated climbing up the mountain. Funniest part is when he fell of trying to sidehill.

Ohhh man... I hate to admit it, but that statement is soooo true.. minus the falling off part...

SIGNED BOZO #1

Shouldnt your clown name be CRANKY....:D;) Ohhh man, thats not even funny... :face-icon-small-sho

T

TWISTER

Jul 7, 2002
Colton South Dakota
Ohhh man... I hate to admit it, but that statement is soooo true.. minus the falling off part...

Shouldnt your clown name be CRANKY....:D;) Ohhh man, thats not even funny... :face-icon-small-sho

CRANKY thats good, really good:eek:

since were handing out names how about this for you= My sled is never ever ever ever ever gonna run cause i just made cranky mad.:D

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
CRANKY thats good, really good:eek:

since were handing out names how about this for you= My sled is never ever ever ever ever gonna run cause i just made cranky mad.:D

Like I said... my sled is nicknamed Crazy Horse....... never gonna be done...

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Just tore down an 800 last night for a buddy of mine, bellow blew out, overheated the cyl, and looked like they kept trying to ride it seized up until the skirt broke and looks like the piston tried to turn sideways, broke the cylinder all up, and all I can say is whats left of the piston its one of the better ones ive pulled out of a blown motor, definatly a wall hanger!!! Should be sending the bottom end your way dan!!!

BTW, bottom end is actually not bad at all! topend took 99% of the damage!!

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Dan, I'll call you Monday, pulled another 800 out on the rope today with a broken crank. That's the last 800 I know of in my area of people riding 800s still to break a crank.

Oh, except for one I serviced last week... A complete annomaly. '04 800 RMK with 8269 miles on it. Yes, you read that right. And never a single bit of maintenance to it. He brought it to me because the drive clutch wouldn't disengage. It was JUNK. I've never seen a clutch this bad. The weights had worn so bad that they were cocked sideways enough to eat clear through the spider by the rollers.

The TEAM secondary had frozen rollers so they had been eaten up pretty bad.

8269 miles and still on the original crank. Amazing.

sled_guy

WOW!!!!!!! Dan for a mountain sled that is amazing!!!!!!

That just tells you, If everything is perfect they will last a very long time.

If Polaris would have made the PTO_end a little bit bigger all them old 800's would last along time.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
32mm

Dan, what about the new 900 poo clutch, its a 32mm. I just installed one with the updated poo crank in an 05 900. pn 1322520-SP

Would a 32 mm pto offer enough strength improvement?? and still keep it all OEM??

RoadW, Even at 32mm the Polaris design is very poor. The Polaris PTO-end
is bored all the way to the inner crank bearing and the hole is HUGE ( in other words the clutch bolt polaris uses is bigger then it needs to be. )

Also, Polaris runs the thread area to deep and the threaded part is right under the outter PTO-bearing........And when torqueed actually swells
the pto-shaft itself under the bearing causing the inner race to also swell and remove much needed clearance.

These are just some of the problems with the polaris design.

The 900 crank is thick enough in the bearing area so this is not a factor to be concerned about.

Make sense............ ???

The 33mm I offer, has the best of all worlds the clutch bolt is......Smaller, shorter, & the threads are right under the taper where they belong.

And the Cat clutch is actually better and stronger then the polaris clutch.
Plus tuning it is just as simple as the polaris.

Ask anyone that has one and you will find out how well they are liked.

Dan

L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
Dan-
This is Scott I bought one of your Torqur master III for the 900 (975) what am I suppose to torque that cat clutch bolt to? I thought you said 80 foot pounds? Also what cat clutch puller do I need again? Was it an 02 and up 900 cat?

Thanks

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Dan-
This is Scott I bought one of your Torqur master III for the 900 (975) what am I suppose to torque that cat clutch bolt to? I thought you said 80 foot pounds? Also what cat clutch puller do I need again? Was it an 02 and up 900 cat?

Thanks

If you have the same bottom end I have, it's 80 ft-lbs and it's the puller from a 2003 900 Mountain Cat.

Premium Features