• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need advice on M1000 secondary and gears

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I need your help I have been reading threads and getting plenty of information but need help putting it together for a final setup.

I won't complain if I don't end up liking the result but feel you could help me get a reasonable setup moving forward.

I am looking to convert to electronic reverse from a mechanical set up so I need to change the Helix to one that works with reverse. I also just replaced my shredded Diamond drive with an M8's and plan on swapping the stock gearing for a higher ratio, using BDX gears.

Currently my sled wants to pull my arms off ( 57/63, gears I think) but I think my gearing is set too low based on my existing stock helix & secondary.

I have a SLP, pipe and can, boondocker controller, mild porting, intake and 153 track. I ride at 3000 to 6000 feet. I weigh 350lbs :face-icon-small-sho and I like hill climbing and boondocking. Do as little trail riding as possible ( to and from the play areas only) any setup will do for that. I don't know what my primary clutch weights are but I could always change those last if they restricted the final setup.

What Helix would you recommend and what gears would you recommend?

Thank you for your help, :face-icon-small-hap

Ian

Last edited:
C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I have been reading

My current plan is to go with close to stock gears either 60/60 or 59/61.

I did just purchase a 44-36 reverse helix tonight.

I will run the new Helix with my current gears and then do the gear swap at the end of the season along with the electronic reverse.

since the gears are expensive I would really appreciate some advice on which ones to get.

Ian

Premium Features