• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

my poo stinks

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
since dave and corey are probably the 2 best poo mechanics i know, i'm asking for input.

stock 155
1700 mi, rebuilt primary stock secondary w/ stiffer spring stock helix
sled start to slip/miss the belt when it was punched at 1/2 throttle.

Cleaned everything and replaced belts and pri spring......then while towing out a dead sled it got really bad. Cleaned everything again, last ride on hard snow.....sled felt like a it had 50% less power, and would not go past 7500rpm....was tuned for 8250....complete turd....felt like a 440 at 10k.

Upon inspection found, vacuum hose from ex valves disconnected from pump...and a ton of belt dust again....could stuck valves cause this?
Torn ex valve diaphams?

Tomorrow, tearing down ex valves and clutches.......ideas?
We also have another 11 assualt doing the exact same thing.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
why is oil reservoir almost empty??..........stuck pump?......
plugs are new, 2 sets tried.
all electical connections opened, greased, and tightened.

7500rpm.....exactly.....uphill, downhill, meadow racing............7500...

injectors?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Check the Bellows. If the valves dont open it will do what you are describing. The solenoid only keep them closed so if its disconnected they still work. They just open too early.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
yes!!.....hoping that its that simple, thanks a million Corey.

What goodies are you stocking for the pro's this year?
Thinking a rsi bar, tunnel bag, .....ideas....

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I have found that the oil pump springs can be weak. I don't remember what I did to fix it. I had a bunch of issues with primary springs breaking and the weight bushings wear quickly. I use the arctic cat weight shims between the wear side and the weight once the clutch wears a bit.

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
My booth last year was a 25 x 50 which looked ridiculous when I only had a 10 x10 EZ UP. I am splitting a booth with BCA and Duffy this year. Should look and be a lot better setup this year. If you run out of room getting stuff there let me know. I have a new 4x4 E350 that has a ton of room with the seats out.

We tried to get the booth next to you at the snowshow but they only had a 10X10. Silber and us are splitting a booth.

Premium Features