• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI turbo kits in full swing

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
It's having an effect big time, I flew in on Friday and saw 3 loaded container ships at anchor, this would be in Seattle, never seen it before!

Tomkat700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2013
Pierce, Co
GEMS Controller mounting

Picked up my Viper today with MPI Turbo installed, the dealer mounted my gems controller at the base of my steering post. My question is, is the controller ok getting wet or should I mount it somewhere under the hood? Thanks.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
A lot of oeople mount them where they can see them and easily adjust them. Personally I would mount under the hood to protect it from the elements. On the MPI you shouldn't ever have to touch the gems controller.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Picked up my Viper today with MPI Turbo installed, the dealer mounted my gems controller at the base of my steering post. My question is, is the controller ok getting wet or should I mount it somewhere under the hood? Thanks.

Dealer mounted mine above the clutch guard and behind the air filter. I thought about mounting it below the steering column like yours is, but it runs so good I doubt I'll ever have to change the settings...

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
I put mine to the left of the air box where motojunkie stashed his but it's still could get wet, but damn if the kit doesn't work my first turbo and it opens that motor up! I'm stunned I missed out for this long:face-icon-small-coo full 67 miles on it but I may have some pro owners switching back to there roots:)

Premium Features