• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moved from AK to Wenatchee, thinking about riding again.

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
Lived in AK for 25 years, rode early ski-doo (I had one of those 670X motors and for a 99 it ripped), then when the dealer started sucking and parts were crazy expensive so I switched to Arctic cat and rode a Mad Max 999 big bore for a while with a Holz suspension setup, then when I started getting older, I eventually landed on the Polaris Pro RMK because I really liked how the chassis rode and how light they are.

Thinking about getting back into the game and I think I'd want an 850 Pro RMK because I love the light weight and I'm not a huge ski-doo fan because they feel awkward to ride, and because they seem to have so many little plastic parts that all lock together, like the polaris is just a simpler design that is easier to maintain.

Looking at my options I've heard and read that Poo has had all kinds of delivery and fuel pump problems, and I want none of that, so perhaps ski-doo is the better way to go now that I can buy one without a t-motion. Another question is track length. In AK I'd have a 165 2.75 but I've heard that the snow here is concrete and usually setup.

So here is my question. As a guy that was most comfortable with the pro rmk, doesn't care for the Khaos wheelie machine, tends to not like how ski-doo rides, but wants decent dealer support and something that will be reliable, what do you think my best option will be? I'm in Wenatchee and will probably ride the areas within 100 miles most of the time, but perhaps once or twice a year head to ID or MT.

W
Dec 25, 2011
index wa
Always had Polaris rmk and always fun to ride but newer light weight ones seem to break easily, imo it comes at a cost, buddies with axy all say best ride ever.
I just switched to arctic cat m8000 and am loving it. They are built strong and i dont hear of breaking as much. The weight is marginal difference especially with such strong motor and 3" claws for track.

Premium Features