• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting Ice Scratchers

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
First thing I want to do when I finally get my sled is swap out the stock scratchers for some SPI ones. They are just a cheaper version of the doo scratchers but the doo riders in my group has great success with them. Its just a pain putting the stock ones up all the time to backup. anyway does anybody have any pics of the SPI or doo sratchers installed. more so looking for where abouts everyone is putting them.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
9438_1600.jpg

Here is my crappy MS Paint blue print lol. I prefer the method on the right.

Some people mount them back further, but that isn't going to cool the sled as good. Further up the tunnel, the better.

Heisenberg

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2012
Northern MN
I love my Ibexx scratchers but didn't like having to drill new holes in my rails for the hangers. The SPI/Skidoo scratchers have the same problem, the washer mount is a nice trick. I picked up some "Between the Lines" scratcher hangers that clamp over the top of the rail and you can move them where you want without drilling. Stock photo from their website, can use them with any scratcher.

1213-RH image 2.jpg

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
I love my Ibexx scratchers but didn't like having to drill new holes in my rails for the hangers. The SPI/Skidoo scratchers have the same problem, the washer mount is a nice trick. I picked up some "Between the Lines" scratcher hangers that clamp over the top of the rail and you can move them where you want without drilling. Stock photo from their website, can use them with any scratcher.
Where did you buy that clamp holder? Can't pick out what it says on the holder. Great option!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Google Between the Lines Designs, you should be able to dig it up. They have some other innovative options.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Google Between the Lines Designs, you should be able to dig it up. They have some other innovative options.
Oh wow, I didn't think when he said Between The Lines, that it was the brand name hah. Thanks!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Pretty sad winter when the trending posts are about snow flaps and ice scratchers on a mountain sled. I never once got my Boost hot this winter. I think the best solution for not over heating your Slash is buying a crossover sled. These sleds weren't designed for carrying 12 packs while icy trail riding ?

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Pretty sad winter when the trending posts are about snow flaps and ice scratchers on a mountain sled. I never once got my Boost hot this winter. I think the best solution for not over heating your Slash is buying a crossover sle
Pretty sad winter when the trending posts are about snow flaps and ice scratchers on a mountain sled. I never once got my Boost hot this winter. I think the best solution for not over heating your Slash is buying a crossover sled. These sleds weren't designed for carrying 12 packs while icy trail riding

Depends on what conditions you ride in. What's the trail like going into your riding zones.

Starting your day off your trailer/sled deck or riding right from your house. I can ride from my house, do some trail riding and then reach my riding zone.

So having BRP style scratchers are great. On the trails the sled never went above 52C.

Now snowflaps, I don't know who would want them. Unless like you say, they want a crossover sled.

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Pretty sad winter when the trending posts are about snow flaps and ice scratchers on a mountain sled. I never once got my Boost hot this winter. I think the best solution for not over heating your Slash is buying a crossover sled. These sleds weren't designed for carrying 12 packs while icy trail riding ?

Unfortunately we have to ride anywhere from 10-40km of trail depending on the area to get to the riding zone. Scratchers are a must. Same when riding around home. Lots of trail between riding areas. For me scratchers are just as much for lubing the sliders as they are keeping the sled cool.

Premium Features