• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx Intake Protectors now available!

Fire-n-Ice Performance

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2008
SE Idaho
We've had a lot of requests for this product already, and it is now finally available at firenice.us

Don’t let a tree branch ruin your day of riding! These Intakes and Protectors keeps you riding all day, worry free!

Vent construction includes a powder coated aluminum frame combined with hydrophobic, extra durable prefilter all backed with an extra strong mesh.

20211204_104651-1-scaled.jpg

30 Second Install Guide:

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Wondering how the Matryx intakes been doing in the deep snow when it comes to choking out the engine when they get covered in snow like the axys sleds do? Has anyone been in the super deep snow yet to find out?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Wondering how the Matryx intakes been doing in the deep snow when it comes to choking out the engine when they get covered in snow like the axys sleds do? Has anyone been in the super deep snow yet to find out?
They choke very easily.

About the same as stock axys.

Will need additional intake area. (Hint hint) ?

Fire-n-Ice Performance

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2008
SE Idaho
That's the plan. We'll come up with something if we can ever get a whole sled in the shop to work on.

It's not going to be easy on the Matryx, no obvious, easy solution like on the Axys

They choke very easily.

About the same as stock axys.

Will need additional intake area. (Hint hint) ?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
That's the plan. We'll come up with something if we can ever get a whole sled in the shop to work on.

It's not going to be easy on the Matryx, no obvious, easy solution like on the Axys
The plastic strips above the factory intake remove easily (translation they pop off while riding) and looks like something could be added under there / replace those.

T
Oct 16, 2017
Not impressed with the factory intake nor it’s build quality. Seeing the mesh peeling/bubbling up where they glued it doesn’t build a ton of confidence. To sheetmetalfabs point I was wiping mine clean all yesterday when in the deep. No different from the axys imo

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Not impressed with the factory intake nor it’s build quality. Seeing the mesh peeling/bubbling up where they glued it doesn’t build a ton of confidence. To sheetmetalfabs point I was wiping mine clean all yesterday when in the deep. No different from the axys imo
Yeah the factory frogskins are only overlapping 1/8” onto the plastic with mediocre stickiness.

Premium Features