• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 mountain riders what helix you running?

S
Aug 24, 2009
Boise, ID
I actually just got it in the mail yesterday. I haven't put it on because I am converting to the TEAM spring setup and want to try my 40-36 with that setup first. I am going to try a 44-40 and the straight 40. The snow just sucks here right now. Started off good like we were gonna get started early this year and petered out. Now it's a frozen over base of about 30". We need powder...........

Aaron

Yes I agree on the snow. I am going this weekend so maybe i'll get to do some testing. I hope I didn't go wrong by getting the 40 instead of the 38. Talked to Cutler last week and they said to run the 40 due to my weight. Hope they are right.

S
Jan 24, 2009
Im sure the 40 will do fine, I tried the 42 last week with my cutler kit in the #2 hole, ran great all day, really attacked the hills, but it was pretty set up so we'll see what kinda track speed I get in the pow.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Yes I agree on the snow. I am going this weekend so maybe i'll get to do some testing. I hope I didn't go wrong by getting the 40 instead of the 38. Talked to Cutler last week and they said to run the 40 due to my weight. Hope they are right.

I think the 40 will rip. I just hope I get the backshift I want, quick enough with the 40. What hole are you running the Cutler in and what do you weight?

Aaron

S
Aug 24, 2009
Boise, ID
I think the 40 will rip. I just hope I get the backshift I want, quick enough with the 40. What hole are you running the Cutler in and what do you weight?

Aaron

I think it will rip too. Put lower gears in last week. Wow change for the better. I will start testing in the second hole with the silver/white spring. If that doesn't work i'll move it to the middle. I may run the red/white however. That is what I have been using. I really like it. I ordered the orange/white but later found out it doesn't work with the version one kit:mad:. It is forsale!!!! I weight 160 geared up.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Has anyone else run the straight 40 Helix yet? How is it?

I ran the straight 40 last week in about 2-3' of fresh powder. It rips! It attacks hills with a nasty vengeance. Dropped back down from 80 to 75 grams and now I am getting the rpm's I need up top. I am just going to play with helix's every time I go out and find what I like best. Like the 40 so far.

Aaron

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
In Colorado and Wyoming at 9-12,500ft. elev.

RKT 34 Straight with Speedwerx Blue spring.

4 post primary with STM billet spyder and cover with 63 gram Arctic Cat weights and a H5 spring (148/260 If i remember correctly)

Sled attacks and backshifts very well. Docile in the trees when needed without excessive clutch heat.

046 belt with over 1600 miles on it!!

S
Aug 24, 2009
Boise, ID
I ran the straight 40 last week in about 2-3' of fresh powder. It rips! It attacks hills with a nasty vengeance. Dropped back down from 80 to 75 grams and now I am getting the rpm's I need up top. I am just going to play with helix's every time I go out and find what I like best. Like the 40 so far.

Aaron

I'll seconded this!!!!! Love the 40!!!

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho

Aaron

I installed the SLP 40/36 progressive with a shift assist and then installed a bit stiffer primary spring, (same as cutting weight) and it pulls very well.

So far so good. I might be able to pull just a bit more helix but I think I will run this for the season and see how the belts hold up.

Thunder

S
Aug 24, 2009
Boise, ID
I installed the SLP 40/36 progressive with a shift assist and then installed a bit stiffer primary spring, (same as cutting weight) and it pulls very well.

So far so good. I might be able to pull just a bit more helix but I think I will run this for the season and see how the belts hold up.

Thunder

Ran 1000miles last season with a CPC 40/36 and CPC red/white. Using that belt as a spare. Not because I have to just because I put a new one on. It is a great helix.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
I never ended up putting the 44/40 in yet. It's sitting on the bench. I am really happy with the 40* for what we ride. I am thinking I will try it, but am curious about a 44-36 or 44-38 too. We are getting a lot of snow/rain, but it is really heavy and wet right now. Temps need to come down for good riding. Right now I am running a Cutler torsional red/white in the 3rd hole, but just got everything I need to try the TEAM compression on a shift assist too. Lot's of testing to try out. Anyone else try it yet?

Aaron

Last edited:
Premium Features