• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for guidance on handling

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I was finally able to get my 22 Turbo out today post adding some goodies. Here's what I added. Post forward kit, ZRP Rip Kit (Lifted spindles, lockout, and Z Motion rear link) gripper skis, dura pro rubbers. I also added ski-doo heavier torsion springs and Z bros dual-rate heavy springs on the front. I have the new stiffer springs in position 1 and the Z bros spings on the upper threads as tight as I can go. When riding today - the steering was pretty heavy. Up on the hill I tightened the spring on the front track shock - which helped a little. Wondering if anyone makes a stiffer front track shock for this sled.

Also - my limit strap is still In the position it came stock - I believe hole # 3. I thought about loosening to hole 1 or 2 - but both limit straps are slack. This is with the selector on "Long" on the side of the tunnel.

First ride on a turbo and absolutely love it.

Appreciate everyone's input on how to make this handle a little better.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Lifting the front end (lift spindle) added ski pressure. Recommend lengthen your limiter straps on hole. If you have the limiter strap adjuster, you will need to lengthen both. Yes firming up front track shock will help also.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Was also thinking that is why iceage didn't completely put ski bolt in line with upper and lower mount. Made for way heavier steering. I think zrp puts it in line.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Lifting the front end (lift spindle) added ski pressure. Recommend lengthen your limiter straps on hole. If you have the limiter strap adjuster, you will need to lengthen both. Yes firming up front track shock will help also.
Thank you. Is it odd both of these straps are slack in the stock hole? I thought I read somewhere where some experts had the adjustable limit straps assembled incorrectly.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
the manual has a bunch of diagrams on the various strap positions so you can compare what you have with how it's supposed to be. if it's set in the long position then you should have slack when stationary.
agreed on the turbo, there's no going back to n/a.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Thank you. Is it odd both of these straps are slack in the stock hole? I thought I read somewhere where some experts had the adjustable limit straps assembled incorrectly.

Hard to say exactly, I would still length both. The main strap go out at least one hole, the adjustment strap can only be let out one hole. The manual does explain it pretty good as stated above. Reason the strap is loose just stitting on ground in long position is spring preload on shock, if you tighten preload more, I don’t think that main strap will stay loose. When adjusting it, take the weight off sled, soon as it is unweighted it should be tight.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
I'm riding a 2020 Expert and added the RS spindles and Fox Float QS3s this winter. I also noticed that my steering is heavier than stock but not bad. The RS spindles are much taller than stock and have the ski bolt in line with the ball joints. I also let both limiter straps out one hole but I'm thinking I should let them out further. I also added more air to my front track shock to reduce some of the ski pressure.

Premium Features