• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim - We want to know, what you know...

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
This year has been a huge learning curve as to what the US and Canada prefer to ride in, along with what Sweden, Norway and a few other outlying areas are doing.

We have been super successful with providing the industry many glove options but have been asked numerous times, what we prefer between these two options.

But what we prefer really doesnt mean it's what you will like, so we want to hear your opinions. If you ride these gloves, which do you prefer, and why? What do you like and dislike?

Thanks for any valuable input ahead of time!!

Klim_Glove_Comparison_zpsc1b1fdcf.jpg

INVERSION GLOVE SPECIFICATIONS --> BUY HERE
The incredibly popular power sport-specific WINDSTOPPER® Inversion Glove is the active-rider's go-to glove no matter the conditions. New for 2012 is an updated fit with special attention given to a bunch-free, comfortable grip. A new synthetic palm material, fully wrapped fingertip construction and redesigned rubberized closure combine to intelligently update the best coldweather motorsports glove in the world.

~NEW FOURCHETTE (SIDE-OF-FINGERS) MATERIAL
~NEW FULLY WRAPPED FINGERTIP CONSTRUCTION
~NEW SYNTHETIC PALM MATERIAL
~NEW CLDSURE FOR SECURE FIT
~NEW IMPROVED AND REFINED FIT FOR EVEN BETTER FEEL
~100% WINDPROOF
~GORE® WINDSTOPPER™ SHELL
~LIGHTWEIGHT, LOW-PROFILE AGGRESSIVE FIT
~STRETCHABLE NEOPRENE CUFF
~REINFORCED PALM OVERLAYS
~MICRO-INJECTED WRIST STRAP AND ADJUSTABLE VELCRO CLOSURE
~EMBROIDERED LOGO

POWERXROSS GLOVE SPECIFICATIONS --> BUY HERE
The Powerxross Glove has been updated and improved. Still GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY® and still featuring unbeatable GORE-TEX® technology, the Powerxross now comes with a full leather palm and improved wrist strap closure. The Powerxross is simply leading the class of 100% waterproof wrist-length power sports gloves.

~GORE-TEX® WATERPROOF/BREATHABLE HIGH PERFORMANCE LINER
~GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
~LEATHER PALM
~SILICONE INJECTED KNUCKLE PADS
~MICRO-INJECTED LOGO AND WRIST STRAP
~EMBOSSED NEOPRENE CUFF
~3M SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE PIPING
~GOGGLE SQUEEGEE
~PERFORMANCE FIT
~IMPROVED WRIST STRAP CLOSURE

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
I ride with both and perfer the Inversion over the Powerxross. What I like about the inversion is the thin material between my hands and the bars. The powerxross glove is just bulky on the palm, and only use them on the trail to the real riding area when its cold out. I am a X motocrosser and perfer to not have much material on the palms of the gloves. Klim makes a great motocross glove that I wear also, and the best of both worlds would be the motorcross palm with the powerxcross backing to keep the cold off the hands. A little more thinsalate on the back sides of the finger tips, and stop putting in a liner that, when it gets wet from sweat or snow, it does not restrick you from getting your hand back into the glove! And last thing would be a wide elastic band instead of the velcro straps. JMO Thx

R

ripalip2

Jan 23, 2008
everett wa.
I got a pair of the powerxross gloves for Christmas an not real happy with them, they fit my hand good and i like the wrist strap but when your hands get damp the liners suck, you can't get your hand back in them, end up changing them out for my old stand by's (fly gloves) and you can get two pairs of fly's for the price of the powerxross glove

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
I have both of them & perfer the Inversion. Problem is they don't hold up very well. The first pair I owned had less then 10 rides on them before they started falling apart. I called Klim & told them about the problem. They said send the gloves back to them which I did & they sent me a new pair. :D

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I love my Inversions. They are awesome for sledding and since they are thin I wear them around work all day too. I used to just wear mechanix gloves but the Inversions are a lot warmer than them and still great for being able to feel things with your fingers. Great gloves, I haven't had any durability issues with them yet .

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I ride with both, and I too think they are both great depending on conditions. I usually wear the powercross gloves when its colder, or I have do some digging. Both pairs are holding up great.

B

bigislandgrrl

Dec 17, 2010
Milliken, Colorado
I bought a pair of inversions gloves dec 2012. I absolutely love them. They keep my hands warm still allowing dexterity. However, after only 3 rides last year (since there was no snow) and about 5 rides this year they are coming apart at the seam on the thumb. $50 for gloves that are falling apart after 8 rides.... not sure how I feel about that.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I have a thing for gloves and probably have 30 pairs. Not kidding. There is no perfect glove nor will there ever be. Too many variables such as weather, temperature and riding style. I have the Powercross and a few pairs of Inversion. Hate the Powercross. Have TNA, several other Scotts and Klim, Head, Motorfist, Ckoko, RU Outside, blah, blah, blah. My mid weight go to glove is the cheapo Goretex Scott Warrior for $30. Use the Inversions a lot but still not ideal. First off, get rid of all of the dam straps around the cuff. They are not needed and a pain in the ***. A elastic waistband is good enough. Take note of the neoprene inner cuff design on the Scott Warriors. Also need to add some knuckle and finger armor of some sort. The inversions are the worst for protection. I know they are a light weight glove but there is room for improvement. Send a dam glove designer over to my place and we can build 3 bomb proof pairs of gloves. Lightweight, mid and a pair for the arctic circle.

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
I bought a pair of inversions gloves dec 2012. I absolutely love them. They keep my hands warm still allowing dexterity. However, after only 3 rides last year (since there was no snow) and about 5 rides this year they are coming apart at the seam on the thumb. $50 for gloves that are falling apart after 8 rides.... not sure how I feel about that.

Call Klim & send them back. They will make it right with you, they did for me.:D

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
This kind of information will be huge in the industry, and not just for Klim, every company can learn from these thoughts. Seems like the majority of people think the lining needs to be better secured in the powerxrossers, and maybe an in between glove that is just lined on the backside of the hand with a thin palm.... got me thinking!!

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Also..... us Personally would like to see a glove like the Inversion with Windstopper AND GORETEX in it...

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Oh ya, and we have seen and worn the some of the new gloves for 2014 already.....some of you will definitely be more than satisfied with your concerns and longevity!

L
I have an older pair of inversion gloves and love them when it is a warmer day. I have had 3 different models of the powercross gloves and this year is by far the best. I have worn them a couple of times and I like them. It looks like they made the palm and fingers much better. I actually received them through warranty. (2nd to None in my opinion). I have to echo the above comment, inversion with gortex is the ticket. I would own a couple pair. I am a glove junkie. I have way too many pairs of gloves. I seem to buy a different pair each year. My .02 cents.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Also..... us Personally would like to see a glove like the Inversion with Windstopper AND GORETEX in it...

Absolutely!!!

The Inversion glove with winstopper and goretex would be great. Also having a standard pair (unlined) and a pair with a very thin / light micro fleece would be nice.

Ride with 2 pairs of Inversions and a pair of powercross' in my pack. Usually swap the Inversions our about halfway through the day for the dry pair then if that second set gets real wet or too cold I'll throw the Powercross' on for the ride back to the truck. However when I lived in Alaska I would pretty much only wear the Powercross gloves. My only complaint about KLIM gear is my Klim Extreme bibs are wearing through on the inside of the ankles from rubbing on my tunnel (pants are 3 seasons old) but the problem started after the first season...If they would beef up the material in that lower inside leg area they would be bullet proof. Pretty much wear KLIM head to toe when I ride and on the way to ride and after the ride and see plenty of others in the same situation, so they must be doing something right.

Premium Features