• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jaws pipe on 20-21 ctec

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Greg is way too honest. He wouldn’t sell me a tune and claims no gains besides cosmetics on the ceramic coating. I hate to do business with some one that won’t up sell you for no cause.

I have to admit Vern the ceramic looks so nice. ?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Greg is way too honest. He wouldn’t sell me a tune and claims no gains besides cosmetics on the ceramic coating. I hate to do business with some one that won’t up sell you for no cause.

I have to admit Vern the ceramic looks so nice. ?
I bought it through bdx /ssi, but I was told the same thing by jaws about tunes, zero gains to be had. I just splurged for the ceramic to possibly help a bit with under hood heat although I had the black one on my ‘14 and never had any melting or anything. That plus as you said, it sure looks pertty.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
No gains?? That's a load of BS. Call Greg and talk to him or Tanya.. They will set you straight. Greg has been building pipes for many, many years. He is an EX-racer, he doesn't sell junk..
Pipe adds gains, 9hp according to jaws, but they said there is no benefit to adding tuning with the pipe on the ‘20s.

T
Looking at doing a 21 setup with the race can. Anyone know if you are having to add weight to the stock clutching? Seems like they come with 68 gram weights which is pretty good for my elevation. Think I may need to go up in weight?

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
Looking at doing a 21 setup with the race can. Anyone know if you are having to add weight to the stock clutching? Seems like they come with 68 gram weights which is pretty good for my elevation. Think I may need to go up in weight?
not running a jaws pipe but ive got a 18 mtn cat with ssi pipe mod that am running 72 grams of weight in at 8 to 9k also have y pipe

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have to admit, just like Vern, I have a new ceramic Jaws Pipe in my shop with a a SSI titanium exhaust canister to install. I am hoping for the best!

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Diamond S stainless. And yes no gains from a tune.
Well now that you guys started this we need ride reports. I have used Jaws before with good success. On the Suzuki engine the gains were 3-4 hundred rpm so you will need more weight to keep it at 8200. Greg is definitely a straight shooter. One question, did any of your pipes come with a restrictor that just sits in the top of the can? He used it before for higher elevation 3000 plus i believe.
His lw mufflers are the best ones i have ever owned the trail can is pretty close to stock for sound and no running issues. Now the race cans well that's a different story.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Well now that you guys started this we need ride reports. I have used Jaws before with good success. On the Suzuki engine the gains were 3-4 hundred rpm so you will need more weight to keep it at 8200. Greg is definitely a straight shooter. One question, did any of your pipes come with a restrictor that just sits in the top of the can? He used it before for higher elevation 3000 plus i believe.
His lw mufflers are the best ones i have ever owned the trail can is pretty close to stock for sound and no running issues. Now the race cans well that's a different story.
Not that I saw in the box. You have to specify elevation.

Premium Features