• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park Trip

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
Hey everyone,
Just looking for some basic information or link to answer my questions. My crew have done Crooked Creek, Cooke City, & Rabbit Ears. We are looking to try Island Park.
So far for us flying in from Ohio, we would fly to Island Pass.
Rentals- Island Park Adventures, High Mountain Rentals. Any other suggestions? Looking for 800/850 Turbo's
Lodging- Haven't gotten there but was hoping we could ride from the rental to the lodge in Island Park and take off riding from there. Is this possible in Island Park? This is preferred for us as it helps cutting down looking for truck and trailor rental which we did when we rode Rabbit Ears/Kremmling a few years ago.
If you all have other suggestions in Idaho, I'm all ears.

Thanks again. Let it snow!

09snopro

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2008
Shelley, ID
Try these guys for your rental needs in Island Park. They have a verity of many options and will deliver when and where needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FL_NOLE

Premium Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hey everyone,
Just looking for some basic information or link to answer my questions. My crew have done Crooked Creek, Cooke City, & Rabbit Ears. We are looking to try Island Park.
Rentals- Island Park Adventures, High Mountain Rentals. Any other suggestions? Looking for 800/850 Turbo's
Lodging- Haven't gotten there but was hoping we could ride from the rental to the lodge in Island Park and take off riding from there. Is this possible in Island Park? This is preferred for us as it helps cutting down looking for truck and trailor rental which we did when we rode Rabbit Ears/Kremmling a few years ago.

Have you look at West Yellowstone, very close by and connected by trails.
A few rental options there as well but based upon what you are looking for Highmark may be best option.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hey everyone,

If you stay at the Sawtel Mountain Resort or Island Park Lodge , its a walk to High Mountain Adventures, and you can ride directly from them to pretty much anywhere in the Island Park area.

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
We are booked to stay at Sawtel. I booked 4 sleds through their "sled and bed" with High Mountain. I then decided I wanted something different from the group so I hit up Island Park Backcountry and am going to ride their piped 155 khaos with cut tunnel.
Thanks for your guys help. Looking forward to the trip.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We are booked to stay at Sawtel. I booked 4 sleds through their "sled and bed" with High Mountain. I then decided I wanted something different from the group so I hit up Island Park Backcountry and am going to ride their piped 155 khaos with cut tunnel.
Thanks for your guys help. Looking forward to the trip.
Hope you have a BLAST
The snow is EXCELLENT right now.

2021-12-28_13-23-47.jpg

C
Jan 14, 2020
Hey everyone,

Island park is massive. We went first time last year and burned well over a tank per day (meaning we had to turn back for fuel)

Read this:

Black canyon loop has some play areas. really awesome loop, it is 066.

Theres ton's of little offshoot trails to go down for 20-30 min play in the trees, and come back to main road.

You can ride pretty much everywhere in IP from my last experience also. We stayed at sawtelle and rode out from the parking lot every morning.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Island park is massive. We went first time last year and burned well over a tank per day (meaning we had to turn back for fuel)

Read this:

Black canyon loop has some play areas. really awesome loop, it is 066.

Theres ton's of little offshoot trails to go down for 20-30 min play in the trees, and come back to main road.

You can ride pretty much everywhere in IP from my last experience also. We stayed at sawtelle and rode out from the parking lot every morning.
I would agree with everything he said.
If you arrive and there is good fresh snow, you can just go meadow hoping over and over again off a dozen main trails.

Premium Features