• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park Snow Conditions (21-22 season)

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
Here now due to not being able to cancel our accommodations that we booked last year. 1-3” from town to Jefferson last night. All the typical spots are very tracked out and rock hard, tough to even keep my Summit cool without the snow flap but exploring around is easy. The area needs a prolonged storm to reset.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Here now due to not being able to cancel our accommodations that we booked last year. 1-3” from town to Jefferson last night. All the typical spots are very tracked out and rock hard, tough to even keep my Summit cool without the snow flap but exploring around is easy. The area needs a prolonged storm to reset.

Thank you for the heads up. Looks like Colorado might be the best bet for new snow this week into next. Bummer as I like IP/ West much better.

kevpak24

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
MN
We were out in IP last week. Were ready to pack up and leave after day 1. Glad we stayed. Had 1-3 inches at our cabin night 2, but seemed to be better and a little deeper as we went east. Found 6-10" of fresh NE towards W Yellowstone in the trees and plenty of untouched meadows S towards Mesa Falls. Wasn't crazy deep but still had a blast!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
67 here yesterday.
Kind screws over the ground moisture in field and runoff when it’s warm this early.
Nail biter.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
69482309564f070429e34e7f5f6d85b6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features