• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there rideable snow around Daniels summit?

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Blake are you there permanent? Id try Gaurdsmans at this point bro. Im headed to Pheonix then:eek:

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
The boys at Tri-city were there at strawberry all week testing out different combo's of their set ups. They said it was fairly good, better than they thought, but they still had to be careful. 2 big storms comin in this week (hopefully), i'm sure it will be rideable

R
Dec 16, 2007
i ride grandview above bountiful alot and one of my buddies hit a rock and trashed his track, and crumpled his A arms. still to early i guess. pray for snow.

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Yes

Rode 30 miles Saturday (short day).

The trails were groomed perfect & there is decent powder up top. Should be awesome this weekend with 2 more storms comming in.

Be VERY carefull off trail. Slow and easy. I did a fair amount of off trail and didn't hit anything. Avoid innocent looking mounds and stay close to other tracks.

My buddy went off the side of trail about 1 mile from the parking area down low and trashed his right trailing arm. A quick trip back to the trailer and a sledge hammer, 2 pieces of flat iron & some bolts & we had it splinted and ready to go back out in 1/2 hour.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Rode above Strawberry Saturday. Not too much snow on top two or three feet. Enough snow to ride the road and play along the trail. I would be careful if you start to boondock off the trail. One or two more storms this week and it should be really good.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Blake if you still have my #s call me. Im putting a covert Vegas trip togather!Ill bring your coat you probably need it!:face-icon-small-win

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
You should be good by the 23rd. I forgot you got married. Last time we rode you were the swinging single.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
12-27-07

Fantastic Powder on the West side of the Ridge, road up from Hobble Creek this afternoon and had a blast. 3.5-4ft on top, 2 ft of powder, COLD!!!! up there man.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Rode south of Strawberry today. Snow is just OK, decent for this time of year. Virtually no base, over the hood powder, but not very deep. In the lower elevations, riding on the tops of sagebrush. As we carefully worked higher, only about a foot more snow. The higher trees have nice, untouched powder, bottomless, and the tree wells will swallow you up in a heartbeat! The out of towners had a fine time, so it was a success. No rocks or stumps, but down to the ground with a few trenches. Still not the carefree powder with a good base, but a great start to the season.

07SummitX800R

Dec 2, 2007
Stansbury Park, Utah
Went up there Christmas eve, and it was pretty sketchy... Heard we were supposed to get 5 feet of snow this week, and it never happened... I guess I shouldn't be too surprised... I'm used to the disappointment now. :confused:

Premium Features