• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iron River conditions

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
Was there last weekend and will be again this weekend. The snow north of HWY 2 is the best going south is a little on the average side. Get north of Vahalla and the snow is very good, lots of off trail fun!!!!!

Will be there feb 7-10 .....been going up there for awhile, logging roads are also awesome up there too. You will need a map or a real good memory and it will be a blast. Sorry won't be able to shed some light on where too go. All we did is top off the tank and hit the trails. We ride during the daylight and put on about 300 to 400 miles up there. The people are great and the service is just as good. Breakfast at the Red Rooster is a must for us ...have have heard the trails are mint now and they will get more snow next week so they should be fast and flat for us at noon on thurday the 7th. Just get ready to spend almost 4 bucks a gallon up in valhalla for gas I heard. Have fun and have fun......later

What you need to get is a forest road map and then you can map out where you want to go. Watch out ...there those roads are not marked as well as a trail is . You need to slow down on intersections ..........there should be some maps where you pick up the trail stickers . Or go on line and check there in wis.............later. We ride on the 1 st one we see and keep going based on how much gas we have ........When you get out there you will see what I mean. Go over to Hardcoresledder.com and veiw the wis. forum and look what is said there or become a user and pose a thread there for more info.......the locals know the area better than me .......later

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
Hey I will more then likely be up there that weekend too, we should meet up and have some drinks if that your type of thing!!! Where are you guys staying??

I was up again this weekend and the snow was great some of the best riding I have had in years. I don't know what the deal is but there sure has been a lot less traffic up there this year then in the past and its great for us not so great for the buisness owners. I talked to a few of them in IR and I guess things are really not that great. I really do not like to tell that many people about IR because it is a really great place to ride with very minimal people compared to other areas up there, but when your up there all the time and get to know some of the owners of the resorts you start to feel bad for them. If you look at the map pretty much any roads that have a name are plowed so try and stay away from them, other then that most of the fire roads are incredible with great off trail riding. The snow is starting to get pretty hard up there though so we do need more but riding is still good just no over the hood pow...

Just stay on the trail in the pink areas as it is a very large fine!!!!!!!!!

Just curious goin' for snow did u hear about the place from some guys that work for a company call Mechanical Contractors?? I am pretty sure you the guys that we get all our scratchers from!!!

Last edited:
how's the sled running?We were in Cable last week working and the sledders said anywhere north of there was good.
Cave:beer;

He loves it!!... and we will be up there . Although I won't be lay'n the number down up there this year , I will be leaving the storm at home . I had a case of old age..........It is still in intensive care ......so I'll be on the xcr 440 ...take it easy ....later

Premium Features