• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse Apex turbo 162

big-zig

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2009
Minneapolis
Zero issues with sled. Rode 400 miles since purchased last year. All miles in Togwotee. Ran 10-12lbs boost only. Boost-it fuel system. Flawless throttle response. Extras. Living in Mn can't justify keeping it. B/O. Pics to come. Camera phone busted.

IMG_0564.jpg IMG_0565.jpg IMG_0567.jpg

Last edited:
M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Zero issues with sled. Rode 400 miles since purchased last year. All miles in Togwotee. Ran 10-12lbs boost only. Boost-it fuel system. Flawless throttle response. Extras. Living in Mn can't justify keeping it. B/O. Pics to come. Camera phone busted.

How much? Thanks,

big-zig

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2009
Minneapolis
How much

Thats a great question! Its only worth what you can get. Everybody knows what they cost to build new(sled + turbo kit + install). make a reasonable offer and we go from there. I've bought, built and sold many sleds over the years and found that the price posted is rarely the selling price. The sled market is soft currently so you may end up with a great deal.
Sled is ready to ride with zero issues.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Most people also know that not posting an asking price makes buyers uncomfortable. You will get a serious low ball and have to bring the price back up with this silly tactic. Usually tells me the seller is unrealistic about the value of what they want to sell.

Sounds like a $4-5k sled these days, regardless of what it cost to build.GLWS

big-zig

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2009
Minneapolis
Impulse

Lol! Runs perfect but only rode it once last season. Sitting in the shop all the time. I really like how responsive it is too.

big-zig

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2009
Minneapolis
Apex

Its a 2007 with about 4500 miles on it, not all boosted however. I'm not exactly sure of boosted history. I can say that the motor is healthy and leak down tests confirm that. There are no issues with the sled at all. It's very much ready to ride. I have owned and built 5 of these since 2006 (1-alpine,1-bd,2-mcx,1-impulse). This kit at 12lbs pulls like my mcx's did at 17lbs. It's probably just seat of pants but it sure feels strong. Boost-it works amazingly smooth also. Afr's under accel sit about 11.2:1.

big-zig

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2009
Minneapolis
Apex

Located in Minnesota. I could help with delivery, my daughter goes to Airforce Academy in Colorado Springs. Extra belt, Fox shock pump, tail bag included.

big-zig

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2009
Minneapolis
Apex

I'll work on more pics. Rear suspension is stock with DuPont slides, front stock with float piggybacks. I think skiis are SLP powder pros. I'll have to verify that.

big-zig

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2009
Minneapolis
Back for Sale...Trade

Still runs flawlessly. Ridden one week per year in Tog. I am looking to trade for a stock sled. I don't ride nearly as aggressive as I used to and this sled begs to go. 5k cash.

Premium Features