• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iam going to buy a onesie suit

P
Dec 15, 2018
Iam 5’5 155 (a little fat in the gut) I like the way tobe suits look but haven’t ever been around them to know or try on. Anyone have any advice on them and or for fittment .My second choice is 509 . Any advice on fit for them. These choices are based solely on looks i have no experience with them iam a new rider and I’ve used ski clothes my whole life for winter but I’d like to be less bulky and have less clothes. Thanks for any help

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
I have a 509 allied insulated mono. I'm 5'10" 190 and the medium fit me length wise but was a slimmer fit. It was ok standing up but if I sat down, it got tight. The large is bulky on me but I didn't have much choice. I would think with your size a small might work. Medium would be pretty long on you.

Tobe used to show different size people wearing different sizes and list their height and weight. I just took a quick look at their website and I didn't see it anymore. I would bet a quick email would clear up your questions from both companies.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Iam 5’5 155 (a little fat in the gut) I like the way tobe suits look but haven’t ever been around them to know or try on. Anyone have any advice on them and or for fittment .My second choice is 509 . Any advice on fit for them. These choices are based solely on looks i have no experience with them iam a new rider and I’ve used ski clothes my whole life for winter but I’d like to be less bulky and have less clothes. Thanks for any help
I'm not a monosuit guy but I'm pretty much half 509 and half Tobe and I really like them both. Tobe stuff is probably more well made in my opinion, but I haven't had any issues with the 509 gear. My wife is a "brand ambassador" for Tobe so she's been able to try out a bunch of stuff, and she really loves the monosuits.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Tobe has been great for me. The quality is awesome and my mono has been very durable. I am 6'3" and 245 and I wear a large Vivid 2.0. I would recommend you stay away from the Macer as it has the slimmest, most athletic fit. I really like the Vivid series but the Novo also has a more loose fit that will probably fit your body type best. I would also get a small.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I would get the klim ripsa short. Im 5 7 and it fits well. The regular size the knee pads where shin pads for me.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Monosuits are just freaking FABULOUS.
While I am a KLIM guy through and through, I have had 4-5 different suits from them and LOVED every minute of riding in them from the COLDEST of days to those crazy warm late spring days.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Monosuits are just freaking FABULOUS.
While I am a KLIM guy through and through, I have had 4-5 different suits from them and LOVED every minute of riding in them from the COLDEST of days to those crazy warm late spring days.

Why do you LOVE it? And which is your favorite from Kilm and why?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Why do you LOVE it? And which is your favorite from Kilm and why?
Started out wearing the Lochsa.
As a sledder I fell in love with the overall COMFORT of wearing the suit and the thermal regulation if offered me that I never experienced wearing the Togwotee Bibs and the Valdez Jacket that I had used over the previous decade.

While the Lochsa was great, when I had an opportunity to try the Ripsa, I changed out my suit right away.
If you are going to LIVE in the trees, get the Lochsa, its simply TOUGHER.
If you only ocassionally venture deep into the brush and most of your time is not spent in direct contact with branches scraping you, go for the Ripsa.
Its lighter, more flexible, and just felt more comfortable in general.

I think I have had 3-4 Ripsass now.
I cycle through my KLIM gear pretty frequently and update all of it every couple years.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Started out wearing the Lochsa.
As a sledder I fell in love with the overall COMFORT of wearing the suit and the thermal regulation if offered me that I never experienced wearing the Togwotee Bibs and the Valdez Jacket that I had used over the previous decade.

While the Lochsa was great, when I had an opportunity to try the Ripsa, I changed out my suit right away.
If you are going to LIVE in the trees, get the Lochsa, its simply TOUGHER.
If you only ocassionally venture deep into the brush and most of your time is not spent in direct contact with branches scraping you, go for the Ripsa.
Its lighter, more flexible, and just felt more comfortable in general.

I think I have had 3-4 Ripsass now.
I cycle through my KLIM gear pretty frequently and update all of it every couple years.

Thermal regulation - meaning more of a consistent temp? I wear powerxross pant and Valdez shell, have been for many years. May be time to try a different set up.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I've had a Tobe, Scott and Klim. The Klim has the most athletic fit and a stiffer fabric. The other 2 are a little baggier with a more flexible fabric, all have worked well. Haven't had a 509, but think if you're slightly rounder in the middle you would probably like the fit on a TOBE. The Scott was a very similar fit to the TOBE with a lesser waterproof rating and lesser price. Klim was in the middle on both. I found Tobe sizing quite generous, so make sure to try one one....I was a large and typically am an XL in everything else.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thermal regulation - meaning more of a consistent temp? I wear powerxross pant and Valdez shell, have been for many years. May be time to try a different set up.
YES
I find the Monosuit to simply be more comfortable in all thermal conditions.

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
I have a Tobe Vivid and absolutely love it, got it on sale and am now a fan of the monosuit. Just more comfortable, easier to layer in and stay absolutely dry.

Premium Features