• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I need help with a twisted m1000

D
Sep 25, 2020
Hey guys new here I'm looking for some advise. I have a 2008 twisted race gas m1000 and looking for some help on the fuel controller settings. I ride between 1500 and 7000 feet. I'm trying to find good base numbers on my pure logic box. I looking to make 9 psi on 100ll. Also what lights mean what on the controller. Thanks in advance for the help.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Is yours a Pure Logic or Attitude controller? All the Twisted kits I ever saw and worked with (lots) used the Attitude box. PureLogic was an OVS and Cutler thing. The boxes are similar but some settings are different for tuning the boost side of box. Both boxes will work on most Turbo kits (sled specific for box) but knowing the tuning difference can save the engine especially on an M1000 without det sensor. The settings can also vary sled to sled and should be used in conjunction with an air/fuel guage. Fuel pressure settings are also critical. On my personal builds I was able to run 50/50 at 10 lbs at 4-7000 ft on my M1000s. I usually ran 6-8 PSI on pump gas most days. Still spanked the race gas 14 PSI 800s. I loved my 1000 turbos. Currently building a Proclimb chassis with 1000 engine.

D
Sep 25, 2020
Its a pure logic box. I got the bottom cleaned up pretty good but now its acting like it is blowing the spark out up top. It seems like I finally got the boost down so that's a plus. any help would be awesome.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
What boost are you running? Probably not enough fuel on top depending on the amount of boost or too much fuel which on those boxes can happen. More boost means less numbers on turbo setting on Attitude box and I believe opposite on Purelogic box. As you adjust boost you have to change that setting on box.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Is yours a Pure Logic or Attitude controller? All the Twisted kits I ever saw and worked with (lots) used the Attitude box. PureLogic was an OVS and Cutler thing. The boxes are similar but some settings are different for tuning the boost side of box. Both boxes will work on most Turbo kits (sled specific for box) but knowing the tuning difference can save the engine especially on an M1000 without det sensor. The settings can also vary sled to sled and should be used in conjunction with an air/fuel guage. Fuel pressure settings are also critical. On my personal builds I was able to run 50/50 at 10 lbs at 4-7000 ft on my M1000s. I usually ran 6-8 PSI on pump gas most days. Still spanked the race gas 14 PSI 800s. I loved my 1000 turbos. Currently building a Proclimb chassis with 1000 engine.
I have to agree I had a M1000 with a turbin best sled I ever had. Power and reliability was insane.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I got the bottom cleaned up pretty good but now its acting like it is blowing the spark out up top.
What do you mean? It's dying out? Bogging? Or the plugs are backing out and unscrewing?

All I know is that on any turbo I've ever owned, I go rich enough for the motor to obviously load-up and not run well. I'll then back off the fueling slowly until it cleans up. If you are getting a major hesitation or bog, you could be starving it of fuel, have a lean condition, detonation or your ignition is cutting out.

Premium Features