• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I miss my Shockwave adjustable helix,RPMs were always spot on regardless of elevation

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I just wanted to chime in about the stock weights. I finally listened to kelsey and took off the cutler adjustibles that I had been running in conjunction with his secondary fix, and replaced with his recommended stock cat weights. WOW what a difference!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thank you for the update but.............. has anyone figured out if a Shockwave adjustable helix will bolt right on a Supreme Tool secondary?

As Yoda would say "adjustablity you must have!" :face-icon-small-ton

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Hey you got a new guy to Cat here from Doo. What problems need "fixing" in the Cat secondary? I mean I had over 1600 KM on my 09 XP and I was still running the same belt from day one. I set up my clutches and droped my gearing down as well. I did notice a drop in RPM through elevation but thats what the clickers are for on the TRA, to compensate for the RPM drop from elevation. I pick up the new M8 on the 19th so any advice for the newby would be appreciated. Are these Cats belt eaters? I see through all of the previous posts in this thread that there is an apparent issue but it is left at that. I'm not a dentist so pulling teeth isn't my game so just give it to me straight, what's going on with the Cat clutches? LOL!!

Thanks

The cats suck at backshift with the stock setup, a shift assist gives you about it's $20 worth of remedy, but a torsional setup like kelsey's goes worlds beyond that. There's no "issue" from a safety, or longevity standpoint, it's just performance. Also the torsional secondary will run cooler temps also which will help belt life. Most of the M8's will never see an issue with belt life though.

Frostbite
I've run the stm secondary, and yes it is nice, but I think you're overdoing it. Running just the supreme, or just the rkt, or just the cutler is more than you need. figure out which helix angle you want & run it. with Kelsey's kit for example, if you don't have your setup right & you're losing rpm's at elevation, you can give the spring a twist & gain those rpm back.

My take is that going to a supreme, THEN adding a shockwave, is BIGTIME overkill.

Set up the primary right. I've never seen the slp primary setup work, we've removed a number of them, not sure if some folks have seen actual honest solid results from them, but we have not. Most that we've seen issues with have been in the 1000, not the M8, so I could be missing that setup that rips.

then set up the secondary with a torsional setup & I think you'll see all the adjustability you need.

P

Pro116

Apr 19, 2008
Not to sound like a dick but Rkt was hinting in every post what to do but some of you it's going right over your head.He means by fix the secondary is to go to a torsion conversion.

Premium Features