• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

i have a phazer question

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
it would not have much problem beating an rmk 700 in power department. a turbo phazer will keep up with any newer 8/900 2 stroke.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
not really i had an 07 phazer there were minor updates brother has a 2010 and they are exactly the same.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
boondockers and mcxpress for turbos and mpi makes a supercharger for the phazer as well. no first hand experience with t phazers only seem em go up the hill. boondocker claims 160hp while the other 2 claim 140hp. if it were me i would go with mcxpress, seems to be the most popular turbo for the phazer. run without headshim and good gas and it seems to eliminate some lag and go pretty good.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I would recommend very much against a turbo phazer.

As much fun as they are they do not last, every one the guys around here had turbo or supercharger did blow up. And they are very expensive to fix , they blow out a rod and cut the case in halve. Not pretty.

If you want turbo power go Nytro or Apex .

My girlfriend has a phazer and most turbo shops advised against turboing them
when I looked into it , then I watched the ones around her blow one after the other. Did not see one running last year and there were close to a dozed running here the season before.

Just my two cents worth.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
phazers that throw rods are when ppl are trying to get too much power out of them. run them the way mcx setup the way its supposed to be and it will run fine. 140 hp is not gonna grenade the block unless someone did something very wrong.

S

Scott1

Oct 7, 2009
Black Hills S.D.
I would recommend very much against a turbo phazer.

As much fun as they are they do not last, every one the guys around here had turbo or supercharger did blow up. And they are very expensive to fix , they blow out a rod and cut the case in halve. Not pretty.

If you want turbo power go Nytro or Apex .

My girlfriend has a phazer and most turbo shops advised against turboing them
when I looked into it , then I watched the ones around her blow one after the other. Did not see one running last year and there were close to a dozed running here the season before.

Just my two cents worth.

WTF? I don't know where you get your info but you are wrong, a boosted phazer if properly setup will run just as long as any other boosted sled out there, The only problem with a phazer is the narrow track, if they had a 15in track you would see alot more of them out there, I have over 1500 boosted miles on mine and it runs like a top.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
they stopped the turbos on the phazers in my part of the country..just not the success they wanted...and it wasn;t the installation...the turbo supplier steered them towards the nytro;s as well as they recognized the LIMITED success on the phazers..
Scott1..i am glad yours is working well..you fell in that small percentage..kudos to ya..

Phazer vs Nytro

I'm not sure where your shopping but I bought a brand new 09 Nytro XTX taxes, everything in for $9700.00 out the door. So go and buy a used 08/09 Phazer, Turbo it and try and come in under that price. It pays to shop around!! Jeeze the ole lady's rubbin off on me. lol

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Buy a 600 etec summit it doesnt have the smoke are smell that a standard two stroke, are buy a stock 2010 nytro mtx 162 se.

I tryd the turbo 4 stroke phazer and it was money down the drain. talk to dustin at Outlaw motorsports about the phazers.

2010 nytros 162 se new are going for 9950 through out oregon and washington.

Last edited:
S

Scott1

Oct 7, 2009
Black Hills S.D.
they stopped the turbos on the phazers in my part of the country..just not the success they wanted...and it wasn;t the installation...the turbo supplier steered them towards the nytro;s as well as they recognized the LIMITED success on the phazers..
Scott1..i am glad yours is working well..you fell in that small percentage..kudos to ya..

you must be at low elevation, the phazer has high compression so without a head shim or pure 110 at low elevation, you have sucessuflly created a grenade. It all comes down to setup!

S

Scott1

Oct 7, 2009
Black Hills S.D.
I'm not sure where your shopping but I bought a brand new 09 Nytro XTX taxes, everything in for $9700.00 out the door. So go and buy a used 08/09 Phazer, Turbo it and try and come in under that price. It pays to shop around!! Jeeze the ole lady's rubbin off on me. lol

Buy a phazer already done for around $6K and have fun waxing the stock nitros.

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
I have a friend that has a couple of them with McX turbos and run very well. Other then a few issues with fuel he's had great luck with them. I know they have upgraded tracks to help with the narrow issues they have. He also has less then 9,000 in each of them with everything he's done.
Do they run with bigger turbos, NO but are they fun to ride and will they keep or beat most 2 smokers, yes (non-turbo). I know of at least 6 phazers with turbos and one MPI supercharger in my area and all of them run great and have high miles, so get what you want and have fun.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features