• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I find it funny....

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
So much bashing and hate of the new gen 5 look when the initial launch came out. I've thought since the release it looked cutting edge and sleek. Now with more pics emerging it's been reassuring that sled is down right awesome. Can't wait for mine to show up next season.

FB_IMG_1645761455734.jpg

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Don't start preaching positive stuff
People watch the news for the bad stuff like hurricanes or tornadoes or to see what stupid thing biden says today. This forum is for blown motors, clutches out of alignment or skirts caught in the track frame.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They will grow on everyone. Just like new pickups. People ask for change but don't like change. I thought it was an awesome reveal and the ninja turtle photoshop was hilarious.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Start with sugar end with salt.

I like the look.
I like the Popeye headlight idea.
I think using a screwdriver to remove 4-5 tiny little screws on the airfilter to check the antifreeze is beyond stupid.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
A more legit bitch is the Doo cut their spring order warranty again. That change, unlike the G5’s looks, will not grow on you or seem better over time.

L
Mar 8, 2008
Start with sugar end with salt.

I like the look.
I like the Popeye headlight idea.
I think using a screwdriver to remove 4-5 tiny little screws on the airfilter to check the antifreeze is beyond stupid.

No need to remove the air intake to check the antifreeze level, there is a panel in the middle that is removable without tools that let you look at it. But if you need to add antifreeze you will have to remove the filter on the air intake.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
No need to remove the air intake to check the antifreeze level, there is a panel in the middle that is removable without tools that let you look at it. But if you need to add antifreeze you will have to remove the filter on the air intake.
Park it next to Axys.
Then we can have a race.

Without any tools, I will remove both side panels and hood, touch the coolant cap, then reinstall all 3 panles before u get the little air filter off.

That is my point.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Park it next to Axys.
Then we can have a race.

Without any tools, I will remove both side panels and hood, touch the coolant cap, then reinstall all 3 panles before u get the little air filter off.

That is my point.

I could swap a track and all 4 a arms on a Poo in the time it takes to change one a arm on Doo, they are horrible to work on.

“YoU dOnT nEeD tO wOrK oN eM!”

Ok well I wreck chit and I do need to work on them ?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I haven't pulled the hood off my 19 yet. Gas, oil & ride. Still on the original belt. I'm not so sure having easy access is such a big deal.
I tear every new sled apart as soon as I get it in the garage.

I look for any possible assembly mishaps. Look at hoses and wiring. See if there are any possible rubbing/wearing issues that I can prevent. These 2 strokes send some vibration throughout the entire chassis.

I will continue to remove the panels and investigate throughout the season.
I like to be proactive. I try to find problems while they are small, before they become an issue and show themselves on the mountain.

I also like to build a tool kit / parts kit to make mountain repairs in case of a possible mishap. Practice tearing it apart and repairing makes it easier if needed on the mountain.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID

I look for any possible assembly mishaps. Look at hoses and wiring. See if there are any possible rubbing/wearing issues that I can prevent. These 2 strokes send some vibration throughout the entire chassis.

I like to be proactive. I try to find problems while they are small, before they become an issue and show themselves on the mountain.

I also like to build a tool kit / parts kit to make mountain repairs in case of a possible mishap. Practice tearing it apart and repairing makes it easier if needed on the mountain.

I guess if it is fun? Ever find an issues with a Doo? The point is, you don't need to with the Doos. 22 new Doos since 2013, never one issue like you are talking about. Never been towed out, never had to doo maintenance on the mountain. Highest mile year was 2600, lowest probably last, at 1200. Now if you are talking about poo, yes. We had to fix a bunch of stuff on my bud's boost, and it is still in the shop.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I guess if it is fun? Ever find an issues with a Doo? The point is, you don't need to with the Doos. 22 new Doos since 2013, never one issue like you are talking about. Never been towed out, never had to doo maintenance on the mountain. Highest mile year was 2600, lowest probably last, at 1200. Now if you are talking about poo, yes. We had to fix a bunch of stuff on my bud's boost, and it is still in the shop.

It is actually fun and exciting, tearing in to them.

How many hrs are on ur sled for 2,600mi? And 1,200mi? My guess is 120hrs for the 2,600 mi. And 55hr for the 1,200mi...

My last new doo was 2006. That soured me. I have tried to like them every since, but they still do not fit my riding style.

Last time I was towed out, was 2003, on a 7yr old , 6,000mi skidoo.

I would hope u never need a tow, riding a brand new sled every 5mo. (Average 22 sleds in 9yrs).

I am jealous of the amount of riding u do!

Last edited:

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN

Yet you haven't bought a new sled in 16 years? Alot has changed

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509

You must not be married ?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Well, if we're going to brag on high mile sleds, both mine are around 4500 miles. The 600 is original motor. The Pro is more of a story: was involved in an accident and had the tunnel and some other pieces replaced. Motor is a long rod, I think around 1000 miles. Both sleds pull and go, never broke down on me. But that argument will be never-ending. There are, and will continue to be good and bad sleds from every make.

Anyway, back to the original point: I'm not a big fan of the styling on any of the new sleds, but I've found some that looked terrible in pictures look ok in person, while it's kind of the opposite with others. So I'll be interested to see (and hopefully do some riding on) the Gen 5. Worst case, you can just go with the craziest wrap you can think of. I've seen some where you almost couldn't make out the body lines any more.

L
Mar 8, 2008
Park it next to Axys.
Then we can have a race.

That is my point.

Well with the tools i use it would take me 10 seconds to remove so that makes you dang fast??.
The way i see it i check my antifreeze often(no need for tools on the new sleds just a little panel) and if i need to add there is a leak somewhere and then its a bigger job anyway.

Premium Features