• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I can't get used to expert small grips

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I'm with ya.. sort of. I thought having somewhat small hands, that they'd be right up my alley, but they're definately taking some getting used to. I'm gonna give em some more time before I start thinking about changes

I
Dec 21, 2016
I haven’t seen where anybody else is offering replacement grips. And does anybody know what diameter the bars are vs. the normal 7/8”?

Are the bars tapered down towards the grip area? Would make sense so that they could share hardware with the rest of the sled models, but wouldn’t be surprised if not. If that was the case, the solution would be easy.

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
Fully agree with the op. My hand are normally heavily calloused but they hurt and are blistered after riding. My hands never hurt with the old bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
Get the Ski-Doo "deep snow" grips. They are SO much better and get the diameter UP a little bit. They feel close to normal 7/8" bars on a dirtbike because of the heated element underneath + the extra details on the grips.

Ask Norona !!!

I
Dec 21, 2016
2mm smaller diameter bar at the ends. Change the bars...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Change the bars; easy solution.

I bought the current “performance grips” for my 2019 FreeRide last season, when they were considered the deep snow grips before the small diameter bars came out. I really like them a lot; super aggressive. I’m sure the small diameter versions are very similar.

I
Jul 5, 2001
I just bought the stuff for a 2018 summit, heaters, cork spacers and new deep snow grips and put them on the new expert bars.... sucked to destroy the new heaters on the expert bars but I've never had luck removing them and then reinstalling them....

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
I have to agree here. Not a benefit in my mind. Never had blisters before but I do now. I know that they will eventually be gone but I am failing to understand the real reason Ski Doo thinks this is a benefit???

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
I cant really notice a big difference between my 18 and my 21, definitely not the benefit skidoo is claiming.

rabidsnowmobiler

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2011
I'm with you. Never had an issue before this year; the smaller diameter grips now hurt my hands, even with the new performance grips installed. Never experienced this before on previous sleds. Hopped on my 19 for a bit last weekend and felt much better. I'm not convinced the smaller diameter bars are an improvement on the expert. Totally sold on everything else though. My 21 is superior and so much fun on every other aspect!

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
I'm not sure if it's the bars or the short riser, but I'm not as comfortable on my Expert either. Hopped on my buds '19 X and was instantly more comfortable carving. Think I'm getting a taller riser first.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Exactly. Change the bars; easy solution.

I bought the current “performance grips” for my 2019 FreeRide last season, when they were considered the deep snow grips before the small diameter bars came out. I really like them a lot; super aggressive. I’m sure the small diameter versions are very simi
easy yes, cheap no, just because Karl Kuster thought they were great for him, I suspect the masses won't end up seeing things quite that way. Love my doo's but face it, they come out with some pretty goofy ideas....

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I don't mind mine, but second year on them. I do feel like I really like my son's M6000 grips when I move his sled around. They are huge. But they are also very tacky, which Doo grips are not, especially after a few miles.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
RSI 7” grips work great on the stock bar and heater setup. Coverage is spot on with the 7”. Odi is 8” and hangs over the heater by the controls a bit. Quite a lot tackier and under $20.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Take the stock grips off and put the doo high performance grips on. They are thicker. I really like my sleds bars with these grips, but I do not like riding a sled with the stock grips on it, I have to hang on tighter.

Premium Features