• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I cant find it?? A liitle help plz

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I have new rope for my recoil starter and I cant find a link or the instuctions in my manual so a little help Please :D

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
heres a link to babbitts online for a pic, you will have to select recoil in the drop down
http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx

when you get the housing(12) off the motor and look inside there is the black plastic piece(9) with the rope wrapped around it, DO NOT PULL THIS STRAIGHT OUT, if you do you will pull the spring out and eff yourself. you have to unblot it and turn the black piece clockwise or counter clockwise(sorry i dont remember) to release the pawl on the spring(11) just go slow and be careful and you should be ok

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I just took a good look in the light and I realize that I am retarded now! Its cake to change the rope! Thanks all the same

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I must be doing it wrong.... I just pull the housing off, pull the rope all the way out and hold the pulley, cut the rope near the end and grab the tied part on the pulley and pull it through. Then I feed in new rope, tie a good knot and burn the end and let it wind back up nice and slow while keeping good tension on the rope, I'll stop a few times and snug it up good.

I don't think I've ever taken that nut off, other than to replace a worn out prawl or broken spring.

Premium Features