• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

History of the forum......

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
This brings me back......

Remember back almost ten years ago, when I met a guy on here that wanted to come out to Island Park with us. We had room, needed the extra gas money, so we brought him with........

Several days into the trip we noticed that he never slept. I asked Hilly if he recalled if this guy (I can't even remember his name, but some of the crew called him the "axe murderer") ever slept. We did a quick poll and nobody in our crew ever saw him sleeping.......

On the way back home at a gas stop, I saw him sniffing something out of a clear plastic bag......

"What is that?" I said......

"Crank, you want some?"

He never came out west with our group again..........

That was probably the only bad experience with an "internet" friend........

The I.P Snowwest forum ride (Insert date here, ______________ I forgot the date & year) was a fantastic experience meeting some of the people........

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I just went back and re-read this whole thread on my lunch. GOOD STUFF. GREAT STORIES!!!!
Thanks for bumping it Alan.

Remember back almost ten years ago, when I met a guy on here that wanted to come out to Island Park with us. We had room, needed the extra gas money, so we brought him with........

Several days into the trip we noticed that he never slept. I asked Hilly if he recalled if this guy (I can't even remember his name, but some of the crew called him the "axe murderer") ever slept. We did a quick poll and nobody in our crew ever saw him sleeping.......

On the way back home at a gas stop, I saw him sniffing something out of a clear plastic bag......

"What is that?" I said......

"Crank, you want some?"

He never came out west with our group again..........

That was probably the only bad experience with an "internet" friend........

The I.P Snowwest forum ride (Insert date here, ______________ I forgot the date & year) was a fantastic experience meeting some of the people........

LMFAO....WOW.

M

mnescape

Nov 3, 2004
Oak Grove, MN
I just went back and re-read this whole thread on my lunch. GOOD STUFF. GREAT STORIES!!!!
Thanks for bumping it Alan.

LMFAO....WOW.

LOL...I did the same thing today!

I don't post much (obviously) but have lurked here for years (even before I was a member) and feel I know a fair number of members on here, even having never met or spoken with them. Recognized over half of those pics and most of the threads. BTW, my vote for the best thread would be ANY with or related to 383! I've had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard during many reads!! :dance:

Most moving for me was without a doubt the tragic loss of Animal. I was moved in many ways following his death. I won't say anymore, other then it sure appeared to me that he had a GREAT group of friends and family!

Thanks for the memories.... :tea:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Most moving for me was without a doubt the tragic loss of Animal. I was moved in many ways following his death. I won't say anymore, other then it sure appeared to me that he had a GREAT group of friends and family!

Thanks for the memories.... :tea:

Animal rides with me every ride! I carry Dave under the lid of my helmet - On ALL my helmets so he's never left behind!

attachment.php

attachment.php

AnimalrideswithReeb.jpg sticker_01.jpg

Last edited:

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
Just read the whole thread and laughed about my experince riding the first time with M8Chris.

It was early November and there was barely enough snow to even cover the roads up high and he put a thread in the UT section wanting to know if anyone wanted to go for a road ride. I put on there that I would drive down to UT and meet up with him.

So I tell the wife I'm going to go sledding on Wednesday, lookin at me very confused she said "where there's no snow anywhere where you going to go?" I said down in UT with some guy on Snowest.......the blank stare right at me was priceless, your joking right.....nope were going for a road ride!!

We hit rocks, stumps, and had a good time and now I ride with Chris almost more then anyone else!!

There is nothing like telling your wife your going to meet strangers off of the internet to go and ride sleds!! LMAO

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
whatever happened to Polarmo?

Polarmo was divorced and I think, along with Fab, kind of got out of sledding. I haven't heard from him in quite some time now.

Reeb....that is awesome! Doug (Rockstar) and I had dinner with Carolyn (Animal's) wife and daughter Michelle about 2 months ago. They are doing very well. Carolyn moved into a new place, and all of the girls have grown up and mostly moved out. I miss his late night posts, and especially riding with him.

Update on Wendy and Ryan (Dakotaarcticman).....they are still living in South Dakota. They lost a second pregnancy and have not been able to have any more kids. This has been very hard on them, especially Wendy. She is into modeling now, and doing very well I take it. DAM seems to stay busy with their game ranch and stuff. I don't hear from them often, but check in occasionally.

Doug (Rockstar)....he is recovering from a 3 level front and back lumbar fusion he had done in the Fall. He has not been able to sled this year as a result.

Lots of fun times and laughs, and even tears, over the years!!!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Polarmo was divorced and I think, along with Fab, kind of got out of sledding. I haven't heard from him in quite some time now.

Reeb....that is awesome! Doug (Rockstar) and I had dinner with Carolyn (Animal's) wife and daughter Michelle about 2 months ago. They are doing very well. Carolyn moved into a new place, and all of the girls have grown up and mostly moved out. I miss his late night posts, and especially riding with him.

Update on Wendy and Ryan (Dakotaarcticman).....they are still living in South Dakota. They lost a second pregnancy and have not been able to have any more kids. This has been very hard on them, especially Wendy. She is into modeling now, and doing very well I take it. DAM seems to stay busy with their game ranch and stuff. I don't hear from them often, but check in occasionally.

Doug (Rockstar)....he is recovering from a 3 level front and back lumbar fusion he had done in the Fall. He has not been able to sled this year as a result.

Lots of fun times and laughs, and even tears, over the years!!!

Sorry to hear that on each of those updates...

Yes, lots of laughs and tears for sure...

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't have any way to look that up...if you see some of your posts in those old links that dsp put up, then you could sorta go from there.

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
I think its awesome to see people with the same love and passion for sledding being able to come together and talk and give one another advise. Its even better that lifelong friendships come out of it. Ive always enjoyed coming on here and reading. Paying the money is fine with me. Some of you guys have been on here a long time and that is awesome!

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
I chat with Wendy often, she is doing well.....

I miss Rhea (sledchick800) from Denver!!! :(

The Animal thread still brings tears to my eyes for all involved!!

Love reading all the stories of all the get togethers that happen yearly still!!!

All of the awesome peeps I have met through the years, including the SD boys that set Farmer and I up :) I think I still like them Budjr8, hiherthanu, and others!!

Great Great memories.....

Premium Features