• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guesses for 09'

H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
Mine-
I dont think they are ready for a forced induction sled yet, so-
Take Nytro engine add one cylinder-1400cc
Nytro makes 45HP per cylinder X 4= 180HP@8500RPM
Figure on an engine that (on the high side) weighs 40lbs more, most of that could be made back with a full titanium exhaust(-10lbs), a cleaner rear suspension design(come on, it will happen some day!) (-15lbs), air front shocks(-4lbs), and a lightweight track design that would keep that number the same as the shorter Nytro. That gets us close to a Nytro weight with enough power to put all current production sleds on the trailer!
$13,500USD

Last edited:
T

Twisted Boost

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Apple Capitol, Wa
Mine-
I dont think they are ready for a forced induction sled yet, so-
Take Nytro engine add one cylinder-1400cc
Nytro makes 45HP per cylinder X 4= 180HP@8500RPM
Figure on an engine that (on the high side) weighs 40lbs more, most of that could be made back with a full titanium exhaust(-10lbs), a cleaner rear suspension design(come on, it will happen some day!) (-15lbs), air front shocks(-4lbs), and a lightweight track design that would keep that number the same as the shorter Nytro. That gets us close to a Nytro weight with enough power to put all current production sleds on the trailer!
$13,500USD
Hurricane sign me up I'm in:D

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
My guess...

Phazer - Better design (c'mon, they can do better than that crap!), More Hp, Lighter dry weight, offer a 144" and a 136".

Apex Mtn - offer a 151" and a 162", lighter dry weight, bigger rear wheels.

Nytro Mtn - Wait and see....

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Im hoping for a little more power, maybe a 4 valve design in the apex motor like the new r1 bike and rider forward. Drop a few pounds from the rear skid and track options would be nice as well. This is all wishfull thinking of course

Nytro, floats maybe and a few less pounds.

Phazer, color changes(BNG), maybe a pound or two here and there but nithing special.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Sask
They will put the Apex motor in the Nytro chassis, maybe make the hood look a little different, but keep the Apex name. Nytro will get more track options and slight weight reduction.

M
Jan 14, 2004
If you follow Yamaha's previous history then you get

Rx1 - 3 seasons then replaced by Apex
Vector 3 seasons replaced by Nytro
Apex 2 seasons therefore it's in it's last season.

They are still making an 08 Vector but it is just to use up all the extra Vector and Apex parts. Once they are gone you probably won't see any more Vectors.

I can't see them coming to market with the Apex for a 4th year cause they won't be able to give them away if the Nytro lives up to expectation. IMO the 09 Apex replacement will be a Phazer/Nytro style machine in the 160-170 horse range with whatever motor it takes to make it. Yamaha patented a cylinder head with a built in supercharger in the last year so maybe we will see something like that and that way they can act responsible from an insurance etc point of view and let the aftermarket handle all the gear changes etc needed to really boost it.

That's my guess but hey I've been wrong before. LOTS.

M5

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
If you follow Yamaha's previous history then you get

Rx1 - 3 seasons then replaced by Apex
Vector 3 seasons replaced by Nytro
Apex 2 seasons therefore it's in it's last season.

They are still making an 08 Vector but it is just to use up all the extra Vector and Apex parts. Once they are gone you probably won't see any more Vectors.

I can't see them coming to market with the Apex for a 4th year cause they won't be able to give them away if the Nytro lives up to expectation. IMO the 09 Apex replacement will be a Phazer/Nytro style machine in the 160-170 horse range with whatever motor it takes to make it. Yamaha patented a cylinder head with a built in supercharger in the last year so maybe we will see something like that and that way they can act responsible from an insurance etc point of view and let the aftermarket handle all the gear changes etc needed to really boost it.

That's my guess but hey I've been wrong before. LOTS.

M5

I'm with you on this one. Every three years. Redisigned Apex.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
On the asphalt the nytro beat the apex by 5 mph and alomost 1/2 second Same owner for both sleds so its not just set-up I think the apex will be gone for sure and it would be nice to have some options for the nytro ie track (lug size and length):D not just give us a maverick that we have to pull off:D

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
136" Nytro And MAYBE Phazer, other than that, only colour changes...Maybe a new steering post for the mountain Nytro...No other long track options...

Redesigned Apex, maybe a little more hp, say 160-65, nothing big, other than the chassie change...

Sorry, but that will be it...The redesigned apex chassie is the only big change for next year...

B
Nov 26, 2007
Elkhorn Nebraska
It will be sick whatever they do!!! Yamaha always has the coolest and most innovative ideas in the industry!!! But I'm betting on a beefed up nytro chassis with a new apex type motor with 160-175hp!!! Weighing in arouond 550lbs!!!

Premium Features