• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got the call, seized PTO piston, no oil!

D
Feb 22, 2011
When sled is assembled, there can be a tendency to have some air in the lines/system. Oil lines coolant lines blinker fluid loaned, etc. first tank of premix provides a safety net while any air works its way out of the system.

I'm typing on my iPhone WHILE cleaning carpets so it took me like 10 min so someone else has probably already answered. Oh well.

in my journey i noticed my oil line leading to my pto cyl was bone dry and my mag side was full. I tried the tipping the sled on its side but did nothing.Just made a mess of oil in my belly pan.To much oil in the tank.lol So plan B. I got some wire.Made a loop in it fired up the sled and pulled the pump leaver over to full untill i got oil. It took like 7 to 8 sec for the line to fill. 7 to 8 sec wide open on the trail could have did some damage.It takes a coulple of mins to do it. Also dont forget to have your cab close to the sled with it pluged into the main harness. The owners book says not run your sled with it unpluged.It may cause electrical damage!

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Th PTO oil supply line is an upside "U", so, it can be more prone to air pockets.. It can also get kinked very easy and no way to see it.. Kind of a bad placement location.. I think once the line gets full, it should stay air free.. at least I hope so..

D
Oct 13, 2008
Here is my reason for not going to them....when the pc8 was released I wanted to snow check on really bad! So I called every dealer within 500 miles to compare prices and they were all about the same! Called said dealer above everyday for a week and talked to a sales man and left my name and number everyday and said I wanted to snow check and I had cash in hand sales man never got back to, and I work out of state and don't get much time off so I couldn't go in to see the owner who sold me my bike and sells me all my gear and was never in when I called! So after a week of calling everyday talking to said sales men I gave up and went to the next closest dealer! Do I regret this? Yes a lil bit, and I explained this to the tech when I went in! I also always take any repair work I've had in the past to this dealer and will continue in the future! And after this lil incident I will be buying all future sled from fastoys! It's lil things like this that tell you who a good dealer is.

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

Fasttoys does not have the best reputation in the sales department. Do not know about the service department, but have first hand experiance in the sales department ( as well as some friends ) as do you. My bad experience was on a $15,000 cash deal. Kind of a no brainer concidering I was not shopping around on price.

J

Jester1

Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I little help for yo guys. We ahve noticed two sled s now that look like there are no bubbles in the lines but after the hood is off and closer inspection, the small line to the air intake one was dry and the other barely had any. the fix for this was to pull hood and leave the main electrical connector connected and reach the pil pump lever(check lines are set properly) and pull it wide open until the line fills fully and the bitch smokes like a bitch while running. After that run it and you will see it runs properly now. Check these as for some reason they are not pulling oil up past these if there is air pockets in the line(stops there). i will bet you that Hootches sled was just like this and due to the fact there was little oil in the tank it went! Bad service pdi is teh culprit as they did not know what to look for on a new style sled. The old ones used to get the bubble on the left side of the motor. New problem!!

jester

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Th PTO oil supply line is an upside "U", so, it can be more prone to air pockets.. It can also get kinked very easy and no way to see it.. Kind of a bad placement location.. I think once the line gets full, it should stay air free.. at least I hope so..

If a bubble is on the top of that up side down U, it is very possible that it won't work it's way out.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
It had 3 gallons in it, and the dealer swore up and down they put 2 cups of apv oil directly in the tank! and as you could see from the pic there was no apv in that. Fuel smaple!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Too bad you have to discuss this between 2 dealers and not the one you bought it from. Hopefully it is made right before the snow gets good.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Too bad you have to discuss this between 2 dealers and not the one you bought it from. Hopefully it is made right before the snow gets good.

Oh it is fastoys is being exceptionally cool and have exceeded every expectation! I will def be for making it known to them when I pick up the sled how much j appreciate what they've done! I go the extra mile for those that do the same!

Nickname

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Sweden
It had 3 gallons in it, and the dealer swore up and down they put 2 cups of apv oil directly in the tank! and as you could see from the pic there was no apv in that. Fuel smaple!

Ok. Maybe it wise to add two cups, whatever dealer says. Hope you got it running asp.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
even if it only had 1 oz of oil in it it would tint light blue/green or whatever, that gas pulled in the pic had zero oil in it.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Is it possible to pull the oil lever up with out the throttle going open? I know it was on my 900. Seems linked on this 800

Last edited:
C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Is it possible to pull the oil lever up with out the throttle going open? I know it was on my 900. Seems linked on this 800

Finally had a chance to look. Yes, there is a solid link between the throttle bodies and the oil pump BUT it only pushes on the oil pump input lever (or whatever you call it). When you close the throttle the spring return on the oil pump shaft returns the pump to the 'idle' position. The solid link just pulls away at that point. It can only push but can't pull. If you rig up a wire and come in from the clutch side you could pull the oil pump open at idle. Keep the hood plugged in though and watch that you stay away from the primary clutch! And don't burn your hands on the pipe! And don't run with scissors!

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
On my buddies Poo Pro last year he had the same issue with the air bubbles? He figured out if you take a pin and heat it up and poke a small hole in the rubber on your oil tank cap the bubbles will all come out of the line by themselves ( All of his came out over night and never had them again) I already did this to my new Pro also, just another thing to fight the bubbles.:becky:

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
JW how man of you guys that rolled your sled took the time to bleed the bubbles out? after you flipped them back over ? None thats what i thought:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features