• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got My Impulse Nytro *Test Ride Video*

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
i hope someone figures a way to get them to run a bit cleaner on the bottom it would be nice.

apparently its coming as its a known issue. the word on the street is, its an issue that they are aware of and they are working on it and would be corrected through programing. not 100% maybe would have to phone paul. ....I have a very current program running, and I rode all day today with only one "burp" or hesitation, I just try and keep the rpm up when I am negotiating my lines and I didnt have any issues. sometimes it would sound like it. but having a tunnel dump exhaust seems to exaggerate everything. I have noticed the idle fluctuates from about 1050-1540rpm. not sure on that. going to tinker a bit more tomorrow and I will post video again, boost level was a steady 16.5 - 17lbs.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
apparently its coming as its a known issue. the word on the street is, its an issue that they are aware of and they are working on it and would be corrected through programing. not 100% maybe would have to phone paul. ....I have a very current program running, and I rode all day today with only one "burp" or hesitation, I just try and keep the rpm up when I am negotiating my lines and I didnt have any issues. sometimes it would sound like it. but having a tunnel dump exhaust seems to exaggerate everything. I have noticed the idle fluctuates from about 1050-1540rpm. not sure on that. going to tinker a bit more tomorrow and I will post video again, boost level was a steady 16.5 - 17lbs.

Mine does the same, not a real big deal but if you find something out let us know?

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
The first map from november/december seems to idle better/more stable than the latest map. Should be another map ready soon....

But mine idles too rich, on both map it idles around 11 on my aem guage.

Im having issues with the cold start. When themp is around -20C it wont start, it seems like its flooding the engine. Starts fine when it around 0 degrees C.

Update: Paul told me the ecu injects a prime cycle every time the key is cycled from off to on.
When it is very cold out it may take 2 times to fire. Here is what I
do. Key from off to on to start in one sequence. If the sled starts for a
few seconds then dies, then cycle the key from on to start without going
back to off.

Will try this next time!!!

Last edited:
G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
I know this isn't entirely related to this thread...but have a look at the video below and find out why I slept on the couch last night (but not really)....My wife was filming:face-icon-small-sho

Snow was really heavy yesterday.

More unrelated video on its way....if requested.?.?

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VeSeRs87vQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VeSeRs87vQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
The first map from november/december seems to idle better/more stable than the latest map. Should be another map ready soon....

But mine idles too rich, on both map it idles around 11 on my aem guage.

Im having issues with the cold start. When themp is around -20C it wont start, it seems like its flooding the engine. Starts fine when it around 0 degrees C.

Update: Paul told me the ecu injects a prime cycle every time the key is cycled from off to on.
When it is very cold out it may take 2 times to fire. Here is what I
do. Key from off to on to start in one sequence. If the sled starts for a
few seconds then dies, then cycle the key from on to start without going
back to off.

Will try this next time!!!

Thanks for that info I am having trouble starting mine in the cold also. I am gonna try this

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
Thanks for that info I am having trouble starting mine in the cold also. I am gonna try this

Yes, when you make a cold start never turn ignition all the way off beetween start attempts. If you do it will flood the engine with fuel.....

Let us know how it works!!

Update: I tried this start up procedure today, and it works much better!! It was -15c and sled had been outside all day, it started on the second attempt.

Last edited:
G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
Z Update: I tried this start up procedure today said:
this also worked for me. I found even hot starts seem to work better this way. I used the key to kill the engine rather than the kill switch. then when starting I turn it from off to start in one fluid motion.

Premium Features