• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got a ques? Apex vs Nytro turbos Do it or not?

M
Jul 12, 2010
Adrian,OR
Im lookin at diving in head first with this thing. I m riding a 2011 m8 snopro 153 now and am lookin at trading it for a Turboed apex or nytro is this a mistake? Would like some opinions please i love to boondock and tree ride and hit every hill is see so my question is should i turbo this m8 or go with a four stroke power house or will i be giving to much up in nimble ness and flickability just some ques to ease my mine thanks in advance martin 1200!

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
A Turbo Yammy will eat your M8 NA or Turbo. It comes down to what kind and how good of a rider you are. The yammys have a few pounds on em but there is a reason they are so bulletproof. If you can learn to ride one (some can some cant) then its not a big deal and they are just as fun and will take you more places with a adrenalin rush. A great rider can take a Yammy in the trees and not sit there and complain about it. The guys saying you cant ride a yammy the same places are the guys that cant ride ! Try one out and see if you are a good rider lol !

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
08 Nytro

I almost bought an M8 because they were lighter and easier to maneuver, but at the last minute I found a 08 Nytro with a stage 3 supercharger set at 15lbs. boost with 150 miles on it for a sweet deal so I took it. I have never regretted it. It has arm stretching pull and crisp throttle and after getting used to it (a few rides) it is as or more maneuverable than anything i have ridden. Just a few tips: the biggest complaint is how the front end dives when the throttle is released most people say because it is front heavy which is true, but that is only a small part of the problem. The biggest part of the problem is the torquey four stroke motor doesn't free-spool like a two stroke so when you release the throttle it stops the track almost like hitting the brake which slams down the front. So get used to not releasing the throttle completely and you will notice the front end stays up just like other sleds. Also it has a high center of gravity so for me I had to get used to not trying to muscle it over and over turn, but rather finesse it in turns and not over correct. If you practice riding it a little different than other sleds you will love it. By the way always take your tow strap with you so your Ski Doo, Arctic Cat, and Polaris buddies can get home.

M
Jul 12, 2010
Adrian,OR
ttt

Ok so ive made up my mind! I got a 2011 m8 snopro 153 up for grabs its got less than 450 miles on it gen 3 skis can and airbox one little scratch on it! Under right side panel other than that like new! Either sell it like that or trade it for a yamaha tell ur buds it for sale!! u can contact me at 208-989-1605 thanks I want to move to the dark side!!!!!!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
There is a 174 Impulse Nytro with built motor in the turbo section if your looking for one

Premium Features