• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gold Creek 1/22/13

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Well today was my second ride of the year. Despite being still a little sick I decided to try my luck with a half day of riding.

The snow sucked. I'll tell you that. Hard as a rock. I was dragging my feet with my scratchers down the whole time. (Note to self: install scratchers on Kitty that have been sitting in the garage for over two years) Other than the snow the weather was great. It was clear sky's and only 15 degrees out.

We toyed around for awhile then decided to head up to the skate park. This is where the broken parts and pride starts to stack up. Because the snow was so packed and us, not having enough riding time this season, decided to do some interesting "ballet" with our sleds.

I'll admit it, being fat and out of shape along with being sick isn't a good combination. That led me to pull this one off. And yes, I couldn't find the key to turn the sled off.

VIDEO GOES HERE

After a quick bite and cool down we decided to head up to the tower and plot our next move. Well, my old man managed to side hill up the hill just fine; it's the stopping randomly and believing that he could back up a few inches that really screwed him over!

IMG03130_zps2dfe1f21.jpg

SO after all that fiscal we headed back to the truck and I got some pretty good scenery shots.

IMG03120_zpse8c8231f.jpg

IMG03137_zps922de87c.jpg

IMG03141_zps41de1fa0.jpg

IMG03148_zpsbe95f536.jpg

AND while driving home on I-90 West, we realized that we hadn't stuck the security pin in the trailer to hold down the ramp. So after making it all the way to Denny Creek we checked and there was no ramp to be found. After another trip back up to the snow park we found the ramp half on the shoulder, half in the far right lane right outside of the exit for the Lodge.

All of that, just for one clip today.

Well, here is where the video is supposed to be.

I'll link the YouTube clips later. I'm lazy.

Last edited:
L

Lushbomb

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
www.oneshotproduction.net
sounds like an awesome day of sick over the hood pow riding!! wait, shoot, wrong thread...

errrr.. so lucky the sled did not blow up on a tree on that ghost ride down to the lake.. woulda been tough getting it out of there..

I suggest waiting for the next snow before trying to attempt sidehilling anymore.. :scared:

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Its gonna get better

Sounds like you had one of those rides that you ask yourself why did i come up again today. We have all had them. More snow is going to come then go back to those same places and its a whole new game. Looks great miten keep the movies coming i have always enjoyed your movies. Hope you feel better.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Yeesh, brings back bad memories.
I lost one of my M7 sleds on a similar ice rink day, slipped off it on the hill NE of the tower above the lake.
It ghost rode down at super fast speeds, hit, and toppled a 100ft Hemlock.
We now call it M7 hill...
Towing the mangled wreck out was another story that went into the night...

Looking forward to fresh snow!

B
Sep 25, 2011
Double check

Always a good story when you can tell them. Please check your trailers,sled decks and ramps nobody needs to have an accident and get all twisted up for a lil neg. Take two seconds and make sure everything is SECURE. Oh and it looked like he was slidding backwards before doing an ohship flip off the sled. All with love mang!!!
Thx,
MR.Saftey!!!!

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Damn cats always land on their feet huh!
At least it made the bob lsed run down without incident.
Next time you need to gidde up and lasso that thing!

(Not as bad as when my wifes M7 took off down the hill without her (or me) on it. Both kids were in the snowcoach screaming bloody murder!)
Looks about the same as 2 weeks ago, icy as shat. Rode my new sled down one of those toboggan runs on it's side! It wouldn't stop.

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
We normally double check everything before we leave.
We just got lazy after a long day like that.

We really are lucky that cat didn't smack anything. I'm surprised it didn't. At least we would have ended up with a Polaris if we needed a new sled.

Forgot to mention in my initial write up.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PICK UP YOUR TRASH

I picked up a couple of candy wrappers along with some empty beer cans just south of the tower.

B
Dec 4, 2011
Washington
"you broke your window"
no it would apear you broke his window in your ditch effort to rescue the sled:flypig:
that hill always gives me an eerie feeling in snow like that, those trees at the bottom are like land mines....tall land mines

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
Whoever was on that m

is real lucky riding it down out of control backwards look close that could have been real bad by the time he bailed that machine was rollin, lucky he didn't get air lifted from a ski attack. Must really adore that machine i've been in the er for two weeks from a machine no way again, sucks when you have to call your family and say you might not make it through the night.

Premium Features