• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Frog skin question

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
So I have a little inch or less rip in the my one top frogskin and a 2 inch long one that’s kind of underneath by the light. How important are these to get replaced if I have a bdx air filter to keep moisture out?

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Probably won't be a problem but if you have time to fix it, I would.

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
Probably won't be a problem but if you have time to fix it, I would
I actually did the one last year then got my sled wrapped in town and then It came back with a hole in it ??‍♂️46 bucks for the one on the top. The one kind of under the light looks like you might have to pull the hood then separate the hood not sure how involved that might get. The other one is easy though I’m glad I bought it used with the filter in it that’s for sure

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I've never had to replace mine so I can't offer any advice on the bottom screen but for me it would be one of those things I'd fix so I don't have to worry about it later and any problems that may be caused because of it. With the ProTec Air there shouldn't be but Murphy always seems to have a say.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I would tape or silicone any holes shut before riding it. Replace the frogzskins when it's convenient.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Is that the outside or inside diameter of the circles I didn’t even think of that good call
I have from 1" to 3" Inside diameters in my frogskinz drawer in my shop, and use the one that fully covers the hole. Never had one peel off.
Had a client come in the other day that was removing decals for a wrap and he had briefly waved his heat gun across the frog skin on his Alpha, and the frog skinz melted in a blink of a eye!!

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
I have from 1" to 3" Inside diameters in my frogskinz drawer in my shop, and use the one that fully covers the hole. Never had one peel off.
Had a client come in the other day that was removing decals for a wrap and he had briefly waved his heat gun across the frog skin on his Alpha, and the frog skinz melted in a blink of a eye!!
Thats what happend to the top one on my sled when i took it in to get wrapped. Do you push against anything when you put it over the hole? or just lightly push the edges down and adhesive does the rest?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Thats what happend to the top one on my sled when i took it in to get wrapped. Do you push against anything when you put it over the hole? or just lightly push the edges down and adhesive does the rest?
On the first one I took off the top air inlet on the dash of the Alpha and used my hand to back it up (Doing the lower one that you were talking about) - but found after doing several that as long as the shop is warm it will stick- Just make sure that the mating surface is free of dirt or grime- I just wipe with a dry rag and seems to provide a good surface for the hole cover to adhere to.

Last edited:
B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
On the first one I took off the top air inlet on the dash of the Alpha and used my hand to back it up (Doing the lower one that you were talking about) - but found after doing several that as long as the shop is warm it will stick- Just make sure that the mating surface is free of dirt or grime- I just wipe with a dry rag and seems to provide a good surface for the hole cover to adhere to.
where would the best place to get those since there so cheap if you would by them online youd pay more for shipping then the frogskin itself

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I happen to know Wayne who owns Frogzskin- I know that on a single purchase online shipping would be more than the product .. I have some here I could ship you but probably in a bubble envelope, but again you run into shipping issues, and your in Canada so that brings up more issues .... Sometimes I see them at snow-shows where they are giving them away, but those are about over for the sledding season.

Premium Features