• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Footwell Tunnel Brace

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
We have chromoly overlay plates as well as full replacement chromoly plates to solve this problem as well.

More info on the overlay plates can be found here: Tedd Unlimited We also have the full replacement chromoly plates listed on the site if you are looking for a replacement solution.

We will be posting these in the swapmeet section as well.
Just curious..got any pics of them installed? and any idea what they weigh? Not that I want to buy any..just curious is all, thanks..Mike

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
PROtector plates installed (Courtesy of FB)

ybepudyg.jpg

ytehava3.jpg

7yharu8y.jpg

jana8a4a.jpg

ta2u9evy.jpg

mu6ese4u.jpg

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
It looks like these are a preventative piece not meant for repairing an already bent tunnel correct?

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
It looks like these are a preventative piece not meant for repairing an already bent tunnel correct?

When is spoke to FTX thats exactly what they said, preventative. not a fix for already damaged.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Does anybody know if this is a problem on the SBA as well? Lots of rocks, logs and stumps where we ride at home.

Would the braces for the RMK work on a SBA?

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
I will have to get photos of them installed in the morning. The weight is minimal, I will weigh them in the morning as well.

Sorry guys, can't get really good pictures since the sled is buried in the show trailer ready to leave for Salt Lake tomorrow afternoon. I will get these photos for you this weekend at the Salt Lake Snow Show. If you happen to be coming to the show, be sure to stop by and say hello.

RexFlex23

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2010
Minnesota
slightly tweaked left side footwell options?

My tunnel is slightly tweaked on the left side footwell. I think I can drop the skid and possibly straighten its that minor but I'm wondering if the kmod vs. Fastrax kit would be a better option for me afterwards. I realize the kits are preventative not after damage but wanted some feedback on if its nearly straight either will work or because of the size of the kmod there would be more structural support vs. Fastrax etc. Looking to tunnel and footwell braces at this point. I have an 11 pro.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Does anyone have pictures of a bent tunnel like this with the tank off? Trying to picture in my mind what else is weak (weakest link) to allow this fairly triangulated area to fold like that.

While I'm asking, does anyone have a picture of the rear mount bent (hopefully with tank and seat removed)? There is not much help from the structural heatexchanger corners on this tunnel. Only one rivet every 8" or so.

I'm coupling the suspension so I want to be sure of how to re-inforce the tunnel in these two points and I like to think things out before just riveting on a plate or three.

One more question lol. Has the '13 been an issue with the extruded foot boards and new coolers?

Last edited:
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I'm trying the Timbersled add on rear arm for some coupling available when the snow asks for it.
Been playing with this skid for a long time and I wanted to try something new. Even giving the EVO airs 3 lol a try again. Ordered up in Aug. (hope they come soon 'cause the snow is here, yeehaw!) because I wanted to spend my building time on HP.

I'm doing my own bracing because I have a weight goal with this sled (and I like to build lol).
There are some nice products out there but I see too much steel and thickness for me and not enough "engineering" and focus on weight. So I'm adding structure with bends and using glue and 1/8" aluminum rivets in more of an aircraft pattern.

I've seen some great pics of the front tunnel weakness (like it was planned, 3 holes in a row making an 8" plate into 3 2.5" sections lol) but none of the rear mount area. Any body have some pics of a bent rear section from suspension bottoming.

Last edited:
These protector plates look like just what I need to add to my tunnel after I straighten the slight bend on the clutch side, the question I have is mine is a pro assault and I know the outside braces will fit what about the ones for inside he tunnel considering the assault has a but more inside brace off the track arm?

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
These protector plates look like just what I need to add to my tunnel after I straighten the slight bend on the clutch side, the question I have is mine is a pro assault and I know the outside braces will fit what about the ones for inside he tunnel considering the assault has a but more inside brace off the track arm?

I would call FTX and ask them if they have an "Assault" version.....

http://www.ftxmotorsports.com

Premium Features