• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FIX FOR WARPED OIL TANK FILLER NECK

S
Mine melted a bit a few weekends ago. It has a bit of a warp to it and the threads on one side are a bit screwy but not bad. I can still close it and it doesn't leak - yet. I think the o-ring still seals around the top.

Gonna remember this thread if it does start leaking though. Glad to see there is a bit of a fix over just buying a new tank.

C

chip13

Nov 23, 2008
Minneapolis
I just installed the insert on my '07 M8 and had the same problem with the the cap not threading onto the tank very well. I got it to hold after pushing down fairly hard when screwing it back on.

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
I just installed the insert on my '07 M8 and had the same problem with the the cap not threading onto the tank very well. I got it to hold after pushing down fairly hard when screwing it back on.

may have to remove o-ring if it doesnt grab .. insert is a tight fit anyway ..

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
satisfied today

Rode today, first ride since i installed the insert in the oil tank, completely sealed of top of neck so no more oil residue on the out side of the oil tank, one thing i did, was make sure the top of the neck is flat, and i used a box knife and trimmed the excess molding around the inside of the neck before i installed the insert. My top was flat so i had plenty of threads to use. one other thing the caps warp also. I bought a new cap and made lost of difference also.( this was before I found out about the insert) RickM

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
Rode today, first ride since i installed the insert in the oil tank, completely sealed of top of neck so no more oil residue on the out side of the oil tank, one thing i did, was make sure the top of the neck is flat, and i used a box knife and trimmed the excess molding around the inside of the neck before i installed the insert. My top was flat so i had plenty of threads to use. one other thing the caps warp also. I bought a new cap and made lost of difference also.( this was before I found out about the insert) RickM

GOOD DEAL .. thanks Rick

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
ran out of rubber o-rings that go around insert ... if you have a local store to get one the size is 1/16w x 1.06 inside diameter ... nice tight seal

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
machinist is spinning off parts daily .. i havent been able to get orders out last couple days due to job hours .. all past and current orders will be going out tomorrow morning ... i did manage to pick up some o-rings at local store again .. they didnt have much to buy, but the count should have me covered for a while .. thanks guys

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
.. multiple orders coming in daily .. parts going out same day if not the next .. guys in CANADA are receiving orders within 2 weeks of delivery ..

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
sleeves for Arctic Cat now have a thinner flange .. this will allow oil cap to be turned a bit more ..

Last edited:
D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
been receiving a lot of emails asking price, availability, and shipping

$16.00 ea. .. i have a large stock of all 3 types of kits ready to go .. ship same day if not the next .. shipping overseas is not a problem !! .. you want one - i will get it to ya !! .. been selling these kits for 5 yrs now .. oil caps are easier to tighten and loosen with kit installed .. no need to crack down on cap to get it tight .. kits consist of a sleeve w/o-ring for tight seal .. sled dealers have been picking these up to solve this leak issue .. if you are a dealer, contact me for price deal on large quantity orders .. thanks guys / dealers for all the business .. looking forward to another great winter !!

any questions or to order email me > DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM
NOTE: Arctic Cat owners you have the option of 2 different kits i sell ..
option #1: a Type #3 kit which consists of a sleeve w/o-ring to fit oem oil cap
option #2: a Type #2 kit which consists of a sleeve w/o-ring to fit a 2003-2007 SKIDOO REV oil cap .. this SKIDOO oil cap has no vent > http://www.kelch.com/html/products/productDetail.php?pid=6
DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

Last edited:
D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
long lines at the post office :face-icon-small-dis :face-icon-small-dis .. i would recommend PRIORITY MAIL to anyone this time of year .. i can ship up to 20 sleeve kits in one package ..
$5.20 in USA
$11.95 to CANADA
$13.95 anywhere overseas

email me for details >> DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM

Last edited:
D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
Dan,

Do you still have them?

Joe

sure do .. here is payment info
====
$16.00 each US FUNDS shipped anywhere in NORTH AMERICA
(USPS PARCEL POSTAGE INCLUDED)

send cashiers check, personal check, or money order to:
DAN PARCEL
609 N. WOOSTER ST.
ALGONA, IA 50511

please add 5% ($.80 per part) to the total if using PAYPAL
my PAYPAL address is DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM

please let me know your full name, shipping address, and sled(s) year/model with payment .... orders are shipped within 24 hrs. of received payment ..

*** NEED EM FAST ?? *** ..
USPS PRIORITY MAIL FOR ADDITIONAL CHARGE ..
( maximum 10ct. order )
$5.20 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL in USA
$11.95 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL to CANADA
$13.95 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL anywhere overseas

THANK YOU .. DAN03REV

Last edited:
S
Dec 30, 2009
Just got mine last week and installed it on my 2010 X-Fire 800.

Had to trim a little bit of flashing from around the lip of the opening but got the insert to drop in. The neck of my oil jug was warped and egg shaped. Putting in the insert pulled it back to round and allowed the cap to thread on much easier and without it cross threading.

Thanks Dan03Rev

Premium Features