• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Vipers off the line.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Arctic-Cat--Yamaha-Celebrate-Snowmobile-Production

Arctic Cat & Yamaha Celebrate Snowmobile Production

(9/30/2013)​
20130930141843.jpg

Press Release-
Arctic Cat and Yamaha Celebrate Joint Snowmobile Production
First Yamaha SR Vipers Are Off Assembly Line in Thief River Falls, MN

As the very first Yamaha SR Viper units rolled off the assembly line at the Arctic Cat factory in Thief River Falls, MN, employees involved with the snowmobiles gathered to celebrate. The milestone was marked by a ribbon-cutting ceremony with executives from both Arctic Cat and Yamaha.

20130930141851.jpg
Arctic Cat Chairman and CEO, Claude Jordan (above) addressed the crowd stating, “Every employee standing here should be proud of this history-making day. We are very excited how our relationship with Yamaha continues to grow and the successful future that lies ahead for both companies. Jordan closed by saying, “Going forward we believe this relationship will provide tremendous value to Arctic Cat, our customers, our dealers and our shareholders.”

The all-new Arctic Cat 7000-Series snowmobiles are the result of an industry-first in the modern era: Arctic Cat is in a supplier agreement with Yamaha to leverage their respective strengths. For the first time ever Arctic Cat riders can match the renowned Arctic Cat ProCross chassis and handling with high performance Yamaha 4-stroke power. The C-TEC4 1049cc, three-cylinder engine is widely regarded as the most responsive, highest performing 4-stroke in the 135-hp category.

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA president, Toshizumi Kato stated, “Together we have made a snowmobile which has the best of both our snowmobiles DNA. I look forward to a future of mutual and beneficial growth for both Arctic Cat and Yamaha. Today, let’s celebrate our accomplishment thus far, for tomorrow the opportunities are endless.”

Last edited by a moderator:
P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
the big question is will there still be screws cross threaded everywhere and stray bolts laying around the bellypan in typical arctic cat fashion?

very Curious if yamaha has made any changes in the quality control

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
the big question is will there still be screws cross threaded everywhere and stray bolts laying around the bellypan in typical arctic cat fashion?

very Curious if yamaha has made any changes in the quality control

Sorry about your negative attitude, I must have one of the lucky ones to have never had a cross threaded bolt or belly pan full of loose parts from cat. Yamaha must have thought their quality control was acceptable.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Sorry about your negative attitude, I must have one of the lucky ones to have never had a cross threaded bolt or belly pan full of loose parts from cat. Yamaha must have thought their quality control was acceptable.

Well, i am very sorry for your denial. Apparently you have not worked on enough arctic cats. I have worked on them plenty, including working in the service department of a cat dealership. I can't even count how many loose nuts and bolts i found in the bellypan of new sleds.

my point was that i am curious if yamaha made changes to the quality control at cat after the partnership....because i can tell you Yamaha quality is light years ahead of cat. If yamaha did indeed make quality changes that will be very good news.

Last edited:

calltrex

Premium Member
Apr 17, 2013
alberta
guess i should check over my xf7000 when it gets here :face-icon-small-win

quality is probably good for both. cat and yamaha reflect on each other

if a cat seems like its falling apart then people will question viper quality and vise versa

B
Mar 8, 2011
When Yamaha's are being assembled, is it Yamaha employee's? Or the same people that are assembling AC doing the Yamaha's too?

Premium Features