• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FIRST TO RIDE... PT-II ...2013 PRO RMK DEMO RIDE THIS MORNING... WOOOO HOOOO!!

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Funny, that was the first thing I removed from sled. :face-icon-small-ton

But seriously, that will be in an issue that they are overlooking. Idea is to have as few issues as possible, right? Just putting it out there in the hopes that somebody from Polaris might actually say, "Oh...right. I see how that could be a problem. Let's see if there is any other placement options.

The kill switch is mounted on the handlebars with a single screw clamp. I asked about mounting it below the cross bar. They said because of safety regulations it has to be within reach of the throttle. However it is possible to move it there yourself if you chose to.

I'd have it moved in about 2-3 minutes with just a Philips screw driver

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Looks to me like the Polaris engineers don't ride with children ever. I have four with the youngest two riding with me on my sled when they go. Sorry, but the mountain strap is actually a handle for your kids and you just put the kill switch under their right hand. I see lots of bad things in the future for this design. Great in theory but not in application. Just my opinion since I am sure I am the only one who has a child ride with them occasionally.

Considering that it is sold as a single rider sled, you are SOL. I'm tired of spending $50 everytime I break a kill switch on branches and accidentally hitting it while riding. I moved mine earlier this year to the exact spot that Polaris finally did.

014-5.jpg

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
In light of new rumors and a semi-reliable corporate source (see Phatty's post), I edited my post #78 to reflect that Polaris will supposedly only offer the one ratio for the belt drive in 2013. That will keep me from pulling the trigger on one for that reason alone. If they had engineered it the way I calculated in post #78 the whole line of sleds would have had a workable ratio but they didn't. Even the flat landers and drag sleds. Oh well, as usual with out of work mid-west farmers trying to build a decent sled for the mountains F'd us. Maybe they will see this and the lightbulb will come on, as they have almost a year to pull their heads out and make it workable for everybody not just those that like that ratio. Being stuck with just a 2.09:1 is ridiculous. IMHO

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Just got back from demoing the 2013..........also i believe that pieces of the a-arm can be replaced rather than the whole thing....neat cost saving feature.........

While it is possible to rebuild the A Arms, you would have to have a jig to hold all of the parts in perfect alignment. Even a small difference in alignment could cause the suspension to bind or completely through the alignment out of whack.

If someone wanted to build the jig and have tubing on hand to make repair parts, you could do it but for the general shade tree mechanic it is probably not going to be an option.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
In light of new rumors and a semi-reliable corporate source (see Phatty's post), I edited my post #78 to reflect that Polaris will supposedly only offer the one ratio for the belt drive in 2013. That will keep me from pulling the trigger on one for that reason alone. If they had engineered it the way I calculated in post #78 the whole line of sleds would have had a workable ratio but they didn't. Even the flat landers and drag sleds. Oh well, as usual with out of work mid-west farmers trying to build a decent sled for the mountains F'd us. Maybe they will see this and the lightbulb will come on, as they have almost a year to pull their heads out and make it workable for everybody not just those that like that ratio. Being stuck with just a 2.09:1 is ridiculous. IMHO

Some of the smartest people I know are midwest farmers. If they wanted to f-you, they wouldn't build a mountain specific sled now would they?

Do I see a need for having different gearing available? Of course, but it is real early in the game, I am sure an aftermarket company will have soemthing available by the time the sleds arrrive at dealers, 6-9 MONTHS from now.:face-icon-small-win

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Some of the smartest people I know are midwest farmers. If they wanted to f-you, they wouldn't build a mountain specific sled now would they?

Do I see a need for having different gearing available? Of course, but it is real early in the game, I am sure an aftermarket company will have soemthing available by the time the sleds arrrive at dealers, 6-9 MONTHS from now.:face-icon-small-win

The point is; It should not have been left to the aftermarket! As such it does not qualify in any of the stock racing classes and more importantly the average Joe consumer who the 2.09:1 doesn't work for, he is still going to be abusing the He!! out of the stock $180 dollar drive belts because it is geared too high for his heavy wet snow conditions and can't get up on the clutch where it is most efficient. Not to mention the guy who would like to run a 3" pitch track etc. etc. And I won't get on my TOO short of a CtoC distance point here.

Premium Features