• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ride Problems

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
Has anyone had the check engine light come on in the first ride or 2 then not come back on?

I would rather not bother going in to the dealer to get the BUDS update if it is just a symptom that goes away after a few hours of break in riding.

I had the check engine light flashing within the first 5 miles and then off and on through out the rest of the first ride of 26 miles.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Has anyone had the check engine light come on in the first ride or 2 then not come back on?

I would rather not bother going in to the dealer to get the BUDS update if it is just a symptom that goes away after a few hours of break in riding.

I had the check engine light flashing within the first 5 miles and then off and on through out the rest of the first ride of 26 miles.
simple buds update, best to get it done

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
At least on my 165, the stock gearing won’t get to 80, at least I don’t think. 69-70 something, which is about all I get out of the factory gearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
frick man, this is the 2nd year in a row that an update needs to be done right picking up the sled. last year was the oil pump/ecm disparity. anyone know if BRP is doing this by VIN or is it a general notice?
couldn't find a ski doo equivalent but entering my VIN into this can-am site does pull up my sled which is not showing any notices. could be because the ECM flash is not technically a recall or it's a can-am site or?

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I just called the dealer gave them my vin on my 23 turbo and they told me it needed a update so I brought it in , took 10 mins. Also ran great for the first ride.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
140 miles in and it sounds like there is metal rattling in the motor. WTF and also the break occasionally fails. Ran out of gas in 46 miles today.
sounds like metal during use or when the engine is shut down? i haven't ridden my G5 yet but when killing the engine after backing off the trailer, it sounded kinda like a slight rattle sound. i noticed it but didn't think anything of it.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
even though it's doing it when idling i'd try get some audio of it while riding if possible to show to the dealer if you end up bringing it in.
was that 46 mile range in deep snow? i picked up a 2 gallon fuel bladder for this reason. maybe shoulda gotten the next size up...

Premium Features