• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fire N Ice airbox or SLP

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
our shop sold only SLP cuz that's all we knew about at that time and over the seasons I came to the conclusion that ; put it back to stock or it's guna blow up, now seeing all the pics of the FNI I would recomend only that one. While the SLP if properly installed worked fine we replaced every boot and if they hit any little thing and opened the seal all the belt dust went right in on the reeds and rod bearings and down she goes, as sais clutching and balance is critical on this poo mess.

mcfly13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
firenice

just talked to paul today great guy
new batch of 900 intakes will be done soon

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Bringing this thread to the top. This thread is more about removing the front radiator which everyone should do on these sleds. The only thing I would do different in the schematic above would be to use a 1 inch black rubber chair tip instead of the aluminum plug to block off the coolant bottle. It's just easier for me to get my hand on.

They come in a 4 pack from Ace Hardware, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

Here is a picture of one in case I am not correctly explaining what they are...

http://www.chairtipsusa.com/shop/product/rubber-chair-tips/ru04/

Talkeetna 900 RMK

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Talkeetna, Ak
I purchased a used sled which had the SLP already. Looking back I think one of the other options would be mutch better in the long haul. Seems like everyone could use a real bumper in the long run. I pluged up the front grate all together with foil tape. That grate just doesn't keep 100% of of the snow and water out of the engine causing serious bogging. Then I removed the SlP intake box drilling a few holes on the left and right to allow air intake on the bottom of the box then putting it back with tons of silicone. There were leaks everywhere. This and Frog Skinz covers on every vent made this maching go from a trail only and no powder to powder all day without a problem. It's true that the slp transfers a lot of movement to the throttle body boots. They can't stay in prime shape for long with all this abuse. Mine are already cracked with just 1200 miles. I'll eventually be putting on a bumber and making a custom air intake like you can find in this form. Tons of help Here! Don't get the slp in my opinion because of less future flexability building your sled.

J
Dec 8, 2019
can someone take a pic of the fire and ice so i can see it . For some reason i cant view the photos above. Do you have to remove rad if I go with the fire and ice box on a 05 fusion 900. I removed do you just connect with hose. Im new at this.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Hope you can find a used one unless he gets orders for 50 or more hes not making any more its not cost effective

Premium Features