• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally did it

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Ice age slots probably dont fit anything without filing them open a bit, i have an offset tki in mine Ski.
But heres the sexy part-

IMG_2234.JPG

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Appreciate the follow up. I am contemplating stretching my 141 to a 153, with Ice Age rails. I have a TKI offset kit i am running 10" wheels on stock rails but, heard the Ice Age rail slots dont fit the TKI offset kit. Ski
The ice age slots are cut pretty rough IMO. On the recent sets I've got the endmill was run quick and the slot isn't quite a full 1/2", almost like it was cut with a re-sharpened endmill that wasn't calibrated for or a finish pass got missed. Maybe Ice Age was going for a tighter fit on the stock Cat cast axle adjuster blocks? The TKI inserts are cut a couple thousandths under 1/2" and fit stock painted rails. A quick file job inside the slots on the Ice Age rails would fit the TKI blocks. That is what I'm doing with the other stock elevate skid I'm building right now.
Do you live here in the horns? We should go rip around
I'm in Billings, but I occasionally venture south that direction.

Better add my photo too. This skid needed a stiffer rear shock setup with Elevate spindles. Still does with the Riot spindles.

Twin Rail 1.jpg

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
Ice age slots probably dont fit anything without filing them open a bit, i have an offset tki in mine Ski.
But heres the sexy part-
appreciate the follow up, and pics. what did you use there for anti stab, and the lower shock cross shaft with idlers? is that shock idler set up bdx? Have them on our 09 M's. wasnt sure if they worked on the new gen proclimb/ascender chassis. your set up looks great! I need this in my life :D Ski

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
appreciate the follow up, and pics. what did you use there for anti stab, and the lower shock cross shaft with idlers? is that shock idler set up bdx? Have them on our 09 M's. wasnt sure if they worked on the new gen proclimb/ascender chassis. your set up looks great! I need this in my life :D Ski
I have same setup in mine with BDX shock shaft idlers and anti stab. Same BDX kit fits 08-19. Hoping wheel bearings last for a few seasons.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the anti-stab is a trimmed down mtntk kit. much beefier, so you can run 1 limit strap. made some little sleeves so bolts wont crush the plastic rail tips. homebrew strap thats not stretched around the shaft too far like stock ice age does.
yes, you need the bdx kit in your life, lol. just say no to outboard wheels. make sure you get the 2.75 wheels not the 2.5. Not sure the kit fits the newer skid perfect, i removed one steel shim between the shock and the aluminum sleeve so the shock wasnt pinched, i think it needs to be able to rotate. Its been solid all season.

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
the anti-stab is a trimmed down mtntk kit. much beefier, so you can run 1 limit strap. made some little sleeves so bolts wont crush the plastic rail tips. homebrew strap thats not stretched around the shaft too far like stock ice age does.
yes, you need the bdx kit in your life, lol. just say no to outboard wheels. make sure you get the 2.75 wheels not the 2.5. Not sure the kit fits the newer skid perfect, i removed one steel shim between the shock and the aluminum sleeve so the shock wasnt pinched, i think it needs to be able to rotate. Its been solid all season.
Pics please you home o

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
The ice age slots are cut pretty rough IMO. On the recent sets I've got the endmill was run quick and the slot isn't quite a full 1/2", almost like it was cut with a re-sharpened endmill that wasn't calibrated for or a finish pass got missed. Maybe Ice Age was going for a tighter fit on the Kodi nox stock Cat cast axle adjuster blocks? The TKI inserts are cut a couple thousandths under 1/2" and fit stock painted rails. A quick file job inside the slots on the Ice Age rails would fit the TKI blocks. That is what I'm doing with the other stock elevate skid I'm building right now.

I'm in Billings, but I occasionally venture south that direction.

Better add my photo too. This skid needed a stiffer rear shock setup with Elevate spindles. Still does with the Riot spindles.

View attachment 403889
Looks amazing

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
For Kane, found one scrolling through pics today, eat yer heart out, can’t wait to get back into it soon

IMG_2409.jpg
IMG_2221.jpg
No scrub from these spindles boi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features