• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Factory kill switch dilemma

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Thanks for the reminder, I always forget about doing something about the kill switch offseason, until I fall on the damn thing at the worst time....

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I moved mine down past the bend in the handlebars so its pointed toward the mtn bar.
I also turned it slightly toward the gas tank cap so that it's not hard to get to.
I have 34 miles on now and I like the location.

I haven't ridden without a tether in 12 years, so I feel naked without that. Hence installing a Teth-air as soon I get a chance.

RSI

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
BOISE, IDAHO
www.rsiracing.com
That looks good for helping the rider not accidentally bump it, but looks like it was made for trees to shut off your sled. Id probably have a branch kill my sled multiple times per ride with that set up

If you run handguards then to worries about trees at all. We find when the kill switch is in the up position your body deploys it more than a tree deploying it when it is in the front location. The o-ring helps for sure
We also have the throttle block with our exclusive billet kill button that is push and hold and is encapsulated.

Thank you,
RSI
DSCN0487.jpg

wyofreeride

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pinedale, Wy
www.WyoFreeride.com
If you run handguards then to worries about trees at all. We find when the kill switch is in the up position your body deploys it more than a tree deploying it when it is in the front location. The o-ring helps for sure
We also have the throttle block with our exclusive billet kill button that is push and hold and is encapsulated.

Thank you,
RSI
View attachment 189273

Sweet. Need to look into that...

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Here is my ten minute fix. Remove OEM switch, cut a piece of high density foam to slide into original location. Then zip tie OEM switch to bars.

Moved out of harms way, still functions like a normal kill switch and the cost was zero and didnt have to wait for any parts :) Thats like a win win! Eric

photo-8.jpg

D
Oct 13, 2008
And the problem with .50 cents worth of o-rings is? Been riding for the last 16 years and seen more than my share of trees with not a single broken kill switch. This includes the wife who sometimes seems to prefer the trees. Not trying to say it does not happen, but if it does a tether is still a better bet. If sled is in the process of rolling you are not going to kill it with a kill switch reguardless. Has anyone worried about breaking the switch ever thought about how much force it takes to actually break the kill switch. If you have why are you not worried about the throttle, are they not part of the same assembly? Just a thought.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
No, I really don't think about how much force it takes to break the kill switch. That hasn't stopped me from having to replace a few red buttons and yes, the whole switch.

Funny, I relocated my kill switch last year and guess where Polaris moved it to?
014-5.jpg

Premium Features